How much time do you spend??

jharris35

Cathlete
Hi all,

When looking at different posts it seems like people spend a lot of time exercising. I am just curious as to how much time you devote each day to your workouts?

Jenn

Hi Jenn - it totally depends on what I have in store for the day. If it's a busy day, I'm lucky to get in 30 minutes. But, if it's a slower day on the "family schedule" :) I like to get in at least 60 minutes - 5 times a week.

Marcia.

I try to get 60 minutes in a day, 5 days a week. Some days I'll get more and some days I'll get less.

Carolyn

I do an hour a day, 6 days a week. Sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.
Deanie:)

Same here about 60-75 mins. 6 days a week. I just figured that I needed to do what I would be capable of doing without it causing un-needed stress and this amount of time is livable for me.

Lynn

between 1-2 hours. in the morning i might do cardio or weights or both. then evening i will do a pilates or yoga workout. depending on how long the workout was in the morning, i will do a longer or shorter workout in the evening.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

Usually 1 1/2 to 2 hours, 6 days a week. I would probably workout all 7 days, but when I've done that in the past my body gets too tired and rebels.

Katie

I average an hour a day, 6 days per week but like most others that will change frequently depending on many variables. I shoot for cardio every day while weight training varies...right now I am training f/b 3x per week.

I've also recently changed from a COMPLETE rest day to an ACTIVE rest day where I will do yoga/stretching and some ab work on day 7.

Try to do atleast an hour 6 days a week. I will do more with some of the workouts. I just started some yoga, so I will do an active rest day also. Of course life gets in the way sometimes too.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/157/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

On the days I work (12 hr shifts) I try to get at least 50 min in before. On my days off, it's usually 1-2 hrs for a total of 6 days a week. My off day is like Wendy.....1 hr stretching. Not really into yoga or pilates, though. Tried, just not into them.

I workout out about an hour a day 6 days a week. I do at least 40 minutes of cardio and a long stretch or weights, depending on the day. I used to workout 2 hours a day and honestly I was only about 7 or 8lbs lighter. I find it so much more enjoyable working out now that I don't have the dread factor that I used to have. Also, having three little ones makes it very challenging.

Susan

I do about 2 hours a day, but I break it up, I swim, I run, I do the treadmill, I take classes & I do Cathe's videos. I love her Coremax and do that 4 or 5 x's a week. I lift 5 days a week & do cardio 6 - 7 days a week depending on how I feel. If I need a break, I take it.

60 minutes 4 days a week and 90-120 minutes the other two days (two days a week I do morning cardio and evening weights). I am probably going to drop one of my cardio days, though...it may be a bit too much for my goals of buidling more muscle.

1-2 hours 7 days a week. Been doing this for years. No injuries or "issues" with wear and tear on body parts. My workouts are as necessary to me as breathing is. I cannot remember the last time I was sick or even had a common cold. I mix things up a lot. Run, Spin, Bike, Step, Elliptical, Kickbox for cardio and sometimes Cathe but mostly go to the gym for weights. This has worked well for me and I am extremely fit and happy as a result!:)

Two hours to 5 hours. Just depending on what I am doing and how I am feeling.

I usually go for a bike ride lately and that is about 1 hour, then I need to work abs on some days....another hour.....part of upperbody is another hour and then legs for another hour, etc.

Charlotte~~

Usually an hour six days a week. Occasionally 75-90 mins. I also go dancing for three hours once a week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.