How many tapes per day should I do?

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am usually on the Firm believers forum but have recently gotten some of the Cathe PS tapes and did my first last night, it's a wonder I can type with my arms being so sore. Well, anyway my question is this:

How many tapes should I do per day to lose weight AND add some muscle definition to my upper body?

I know some Firmies tell you to do 2 tapes per day, but I want to do a rotation that is healthy, reasonable but also successful. I was thinking about doing the PS tapes 3 times per week and cardio on the other days. Is that enough or should I add more???

Hi Jackie

I posted a similar question on the Ask Cathe forum, which Cathe answered herself. Look under "New Girl on the Block."

I'm here from the FIRM, too. I purchased the PS Series and I felt the difference in Cathe's tapes immediately. Also, her step tapes are the absolute best!

Have fun!
Michele

sound good to me

I had great success with doing each PS Tape one time a week and a challenging cardio tape or run the other three days a week. I think for a lot of people the amount they work out really depends on their current goals and what weight training goals they have. Your plan sounds good to me for your goals of losing weight and adding muscle definition (along with a healthy diet).

Good luck!

My Perspective...

is that if you overdo it you will probably burn out. Moderation and consistency over the years works better for me. I have worked out regularly with videos now for over 13 years. I don't think I would have if I had done 2-3 videos per day.

Exercise should enhance live, not overtake it. To me my workouts are to ENABLE me to live better.

Last week I had my bone density checked and with the 30 year old female as the baseline, I was 1.2 over than (I'm almost 46).

My blood pressure is great and my resting pulse is between 50 and 60!

So exercise makes sense, but not to extremes. How limiting life would be if all I did was workout 2-3 hours per day! Life is too short!

Variety is the spice

Hi, Jackie. Cathe PS tapes are terrific, not only for results, but also for the pacing and time factor. Doing one of these every other day, with cardio days in between, should produce great results.

However, another factor in getting results is simply change. Switching from Cathe back to FIRM and then back again every once in a while will make your workouts more effective and help you keep the focus and concentration that are essential to progress.

I plan on working out for at least 60 minutes at a time, every other day. So, I often combine a strength workout (30-45 minutes) with 20-30 minutes of cardio right after. Sometimes I do the warm-up from one tape, the strength from another, a portion of cardio from a different tape, and the cool/stretch from yet another tape! Pick and choose from all your favorites. It's fun to design your own combos.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.