how many risers to you own?

No, you don't need that many. Use what works for you.
The only time I use more than 4 is when I use it with the high step as a seat, or when I raise the regular step up to about 18" (I have MANY risers) to use as a weight bench support for doing supported 1-arm lat rows.

I know for me, when I am in my best shape, my step has to be 10" high or my heart rate won't even hit my training zone. Obviously, the women in Cathe's videos are in great cardiac shape so hence, the 5 risers.

But fitness is personalized so I wouldn't feel pressure by what others are using. Just use what works best for you and what your goals are. If you are getting a great workout with 4 risers - then that is what works for you.

I have 8.

I can use 5 plus the small topper for step ups. I can use all 8 plus the small topper for sitting down with some Cathe weight work. I can use 4 and 4 with my aerobic step for bench work. And then I can use combinations of one or two for step workouts.

I have nine, plus the slanted risers that when stacked together equal the height of three more. That gives me the equivalent of 6 on each side when I use the step as a weight bench with my Valor Squat Stands. Perfect.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.