How many risers are needed for STS work?

meowracer

Cathlete
I have the basic step with 4 risers and am going to order the high step that comes with 4 more risers. I saw on the blog that they had 10 risers in places. I don't mind getting two extra (along with the slanted risers, which seem to be not necessary, but would be very helopful) - just want to be sure before I do it. Thank you -

Thank you! I knew I had read that before but couldn't remember exactly what the answer was. Thanks for the link - I think I'll go ahead and get the extra risers because I am tall and the long arms and legs would probably appreciate the extra room.

One thing you might consider instead of straight risers is get 2 slanted risers instead. I've heard they can stack together to make the height of 3 regular risers. So then you have the height as well as the slants.

April

April, I had wondered about that. From looking at the pics of the slanted risers, it looked like that would work but having never seen them, I wasn't sure. Thanks for the suggestion! Shana

It really depends on how high you want your bench. When using a pair of slanted risers most of our crew use 5 normal risers on the high side a 1 normal riser on the low side. When doing a flat bench they generally like 5 risers on each side. You can certainly use a lot less, but 5 seems to be the right number for comfort for most of our crew. Taller people will need more.

RE: How many risers are needed for STS work? Another ?

So, if you use the slanted risers, does that mean that 2 sets put together would be the equivalent of 5-6 regular risers stacked?

I'm also wondering if there's a link to show what all the equipment used for STS is - is that listed somewhere?

Now would be a great time to start getting any of the things we don't have while we're anxiously awaiting these great new workouts!!

Thanks,
Tricia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.