how many are using tubing for pullups?

nightowl81

Cathlete
Here's another question about results; how many are just using the tubing to sub for the pull ups and still seeing good results? The chinups and pullups probably have more of a calorie burn since they work more muscles, will not doing them have a big impact on results? TIA.

I am using the tubing and don't feel my back muscles working. I am using the heavy red tubing from Cathe.

I am using the tubing. I have three tubes together and it is really hard to pull. When doing the pull up or the chin up you have to concentrate so you don't use your arms to pull the tubes. You need to pull with your back muscles.

What are you attaching the tubing to? How does it go over the door? Does it go over the door? Thanks. I am a bit confused by this and uncertain as to what to do.

I wrap the tubing around a shelf in my basement. It is a high shelf and has several hundred pounds on it so I know it is not going to fall over. Where do you work out?

www.prepakproducts.com makes the webslide that Deazie uses. They have an over the door anchor (with 15 loops) that is designed to replace the webslide. I got this a few weeks ago and love it. Judith

p.s. if you are a Health Professional (nurse, OT, PT, etc) you get a discount

I am using the tubing. I have three tubes together and it is really hard to pull. When doing the pull up or the chin up you have to concentrate so you don't use your arms to pull the tubes. You need to pull with your back muscles.

That's what I was planning on doing, using a few tubes to get make it as challenging as I can. Are you seeing good results with the tubing? I know even using multiple heavy bands isn't the same overall body effect pull/chin ups have, but hopefully they do give some results.

i have definetly seen results, and i think they can be challenging. I can not do a pullup because I have major shoulder issues. but i am progressing that's for sure.

I use the green b-line resistance tubefrom Beachbody (i think it's = to 40lbs. resistance). It's the next to the heaviest tubing they offer. I find it somewhat challenging, but would much prefer something like the power tower to use my body weight from the floor. I think they are both just different ways to work back.

I also have the Iron Gym door attacthment, but i just can't get up at all w/o assistance & the only door it works on is not that close to my workout area, so I usually don't use it.

Too bad Power Tower isn't here now!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.