How long to lose linea nigra?????

leighanntx1

Cathlete
I know, this probably sounds silly but my dark line goes from right under my breasts all the way to my pubic area. Hagan is almost 2 months old now and the line is still as dark (and crooked) as it was months ago. Thank goodness it is not summer!

How long did it take for yours to go away?

It was about 9 mos with each, but I breast fed so that could have been hormonal. Actually, mine was still faint when Jordan was 1 year. I have cared for women who have this YEARS after delivery, but they were all on hormonal contraceptives.

Autumn

I am breastfeeding exclusively as well. I am also on the mini-pill. Dang, I certainly hope it is gone before summer. I thankfully have lost all my weight but can not show my tummy because of this dark line.

He is worth it though!

I am 5 months post baby and I can still see mine. It is light but still noticeable. I think after my first pregnancy it never went completely away, but I was still breastfeeding when I got pregnant again, so that would follow along with what autumn said about hormones.

I don't think the line is ugly, especially if you've regained your former abs. Don't sweat it - at least your abs look good!

With my first it completely disapeared in about 9 months which is when she weaned hereself. We'll see what happens this time.

I didn't really lose my very dark brown line after DD was born (July '03), but it didn't get any darker during my pregnancy with DS, who is 6 months old.
So the line I currently have, which is faded but still pronounced, might just be permanent! I don't know. I am still breastfeeding, which may or may not affect it.
If it stays, I will be proud. I think of it as my badge of honor.

Now if I could only do some ab work!

Lisa

Wow, I never would have thought it might be around that long! I am going to breastfeed as long as I can (well, probably not more than a year) as well so if that has anything to do with it, oh well.

I wish I had time to do ab work as well. I have lost more weight than I gained but my tummy is still not back where it was. It looks great in clothes but not so much without them. It is nice to fit in my pre-pregnancy clothes though!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.