How long did your "morning sickness" last?

I'm currently 7 weeks pg and started feeling nauseous all day long about a week ago. The thought of most foods makes me cringe, though I do usually feel a little better after I eat something. I can't exercise, and I'm totally exhausted. This is my second pregnancy and only had morning sickness for a few weeks the first time. I'm hoping the same holds true this time, though this pregnancy does seem to be harder already than the first (maybe because I'm chasing around a toddler now???). How long did your morning sickness last?

Mine usually lasted the whole pregnancy, but would ease up a lot around 20-22 weeks. Everyone is so different, though! Some women experience no morning sickness at all and others are very sick throughout the entire pregnancy.

Good luck with your pregnancy and hope you feel better soon.

Erica

My morning sickness lasted the first trimester, but I was also on progesterone which my doctor said can add to the nausea. I would feel ill at random times throughout the day - most mornings, some afternoons, and even sometimes right before bed. I had the ability to get sick and then eat 5 minutes later - it was a weird experience. I mostly stuck to eating carbs - the thought of vegetables or a salad was gross at the time. Fruit first thing in the morning made me sick too, but I could eat it later in the day. I tried sea bands, but I don't feel they helped me much.

Hang in there - hopefully it won't last too long!
Carrie

Mine lasted about the first 12 weeks and so far I have been totally over it the rest of the time. Hopefully, you will start feeling a lot better in the coming weeks. Most people do. :)

With all 3 of my girls it was all thru the 1st trimester and then a couple weeks after that. ITA w/ Welch on the veggies - the only thing I could eat was white bread-type foods....and I NEVER eat that stuff!:confused: Everything else sounded so gross! Hope you get over it soon - and CONGRATUALTIONS!!!

14 weeks for all my pregnancies........except the last one (twins) lasted almost 20 weeks.

Congrats on your pregnancy! Whenever I got down for being nauseated....I'd remind myself that it's a sign of a HEALTHY pregnancy. :)

Mine lasted through the first trimester with both of my pregnancies. It was an all day sickness that made me want to eat constantly---starchy foods and things I generally never touch such as Taco Bell. I never vomited, though many times I wish I could have!

With my first, I was never sick...how lucky I was!!!

With this one, the nausea eased up around 10 weeks (I felt really "puky" weeks 7-10), and the exhaustion disappeared right at 12 weeks. I'm 17 weeks now and feel totally normal again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.