How long before you tested?

kittymom

Cathlete
My husband and I are ttc. I think we may have done it! I "feel" pregnant, but was wondering how soon I can test with a home pregnancy test? I hope Im right, Im so excited!

TIA,
Shannon

I totally know how you feel - I just conceived 7 weeks ago and the 2 weeks after ovulating were like waiting for xmas ... over and over again! basically, it depends on when you ovulated. The most sensitive tests pick up a reading of 20 for hcg. Since your # doubles roughly every day after implantation, it would take you between 3-7 days after you implanted ... which itself takes anywhere from 3-9ish days. I tested every day after 5dpo - but i am impatient :)

Good luck!
arancini

BTW - It actually took me 10 days past ovulation to get a positive test. My doc said this was pretty early (and my urine test at her office was actually neg the day after my home test - but the blood was +). Here's a site that compares tests and their levels:
http://www.pinelandpress.com/faq/hpt.html

arancini

Thanks for your response. Arrgh Im only at day 6 past ovulation guess I have some more time to wait. The waiting is the hardest part. Guess Im a little to anxious.

Thanks
Shannon:7

I was the same way ... and it took me 7 months after my miscarriage to conceive again - I hope you will be successful sooner. I about drove dh crazy the last 2 weeks of every month. I used to do cathe's back to back to keep my mind off of it and make me sleep better :) other than that, all i can say is it is sooo hard to wait ... but you will find out! The first clue I had was that my nipples started turning a bit darker and I had food cravings (although I also thought these things might be psychosomatic, I was so hopeful).

arancini

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.