How Have you Successfully Been Able to Integrate Cathe's DVDs with Working Out at the Gym?

Hi All,

I guess I should give some background... I have been working out with Cathe- and other DVDs, but Mainly Cathe for probably 8-9 years now. I have always belonged to gyms for For-Ever... Cathe used to serve as a "backup" for when I couldn't or didn't want to go to the gym.. Three months ago, I tore my Achilles tendon and it became Much easier to workout at home- focusing on my UB.. I must say that X-Train literally saved me- fitness-wise- Mainly using Chest, Shoulders and Back- and Bis and Tris- and Burn Sets.. Now it's time for me to get back to the gym-- but I just don't want to give up my Cathe:(- and would like to somehow integrate the two - without feeling torn.. so please jump in if you have had the same problem- and either solved it or noto_O..

Mary

When I go to the gym, which hasn't been for a while, I do different things there than what I do at home. I use the gym for activities I cannot do at home, rather than repeating what I can get from a home workout. THis way the gym equipment is complementary to my home equipment and workouts, rather than a repeat of it.

I use the treadmill for running and then the weight machines for lower body, leg press, hamstrings, glutes, etc, because I can load up the weight plates and this is different from a more endurance based leg/glutes workout I get at home. I also only have access to a treadmill at the gym, so I do other forms of cardio at home and outside.

I don't do upper body at the gym because this works better at home. I prefer free weights for upper, always, so there's no need to do this at the gym. Plus, after my 2 hours' of workout with 1 hour of running and 1 of lower body weights, with core work thrown in, I'm done!

Clare

Clasre,

Thanks for your comment- and it makes sense. In fact when I went to the gym yesterday, I saw that they'd added Many new machines since I'd been there before "the tear"... and it was mainly the machines for Legs/lower boy that drew my attention- because I knw I could not do them at home. ofcourse, I'm not ready for them quite yet. I also like your thought about workouts at home being more "endurance based"... Will put that into my mental computer- and see what I can come up with... Again, tks.

Mary
PS Today Bis and Tris from X-train- -at home...

I also go to the gym..more for cycling then anything else but I also do some other classes when I want an easier day ;) none of the instructors compare to Cathe with intensity. I usually have to add weighted gloves or more plyo like moves in the classes. Some days I am there taking a class while waiting for my daughter or we take a class together. It's a good mix for me.

ChelePA,

Ofcourse there are bikes at my gym too, and/but that is all I can do cardio-wise yet, so although I don't really like cycle, I know I have to get back into it. Your post gave me some motivation:p.. and will probably be back there on Tuesday. Meanwhile I did my First Lower Body workout in over 3 months with the Lower Body on Basic Step.. I did Not use weights, and was Careful with my squats, but it felt SO good to be back in the game again.. So good that I will probably go on the Bike on Tuesday. Tomorrow UB with most probably X-Train.

Tks for your support!

Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.