How did you prepare for STS?

nclncl

Cathlete
Other than doing your 1RMs, how did you prepare for STS? Did you do a specific rotation or kind of workouts or did you just go ahead and start when STS arrived? If you've done STS, looking back, would you have prepared in any specific way?

I won't change a thing!!!!

I just started when they arrive. Looking back I won't change a thing, or maybe what I would change is doing it for 6 1/2 month rotation instead of 3 1/2 month rotation.:D

I didn't do anything special, as I was already working out with Cathe's DVDs.

Before my second round of STS, I plan on doing a rotation of circuits for a couple of reasons: I figure it'll be a nice change from the heavy lifting I've been doing and endurance workouts will help prepare me for Meso 1.

LaughingWater (cool name btw), I'm thinking of circuits for 4 weeks, adding on some 1RMs after on each workout day plus doing some wrist curls in preparation.

Worseenemy, good to know. :) I was kinda wondering if I needed to be doing more strength work, but I can probably just start where I am and let her stuff be the strength work. I thought about doing Gym Styles for a month plus cardio, BUT then thought I might get bored to tears doing that as it'd be the same format as STS which I'll be embarking on for 3 months!

:)

If you are at least an intermediate exerciser, I don't think you need to do anything to prepare, other than your 1 RM. Of course I know you don't have to do those, but I did a lot of them, and I think it was very helpful.

I am finishing Meso 1 today, and I also thought before I started that I might not be ready, but I definitely was. I can't do nearly all the pushups that the STS crew does (I just start out on my toes and move to my knees to finish up) and I need to take longer breaks sometimes during the leg workouts. So you can make it work for you.

I read here before, Chris (SNM) suggested that people should do the first 3 discs repeatedly until they feel they are ready. That sounds like a good advise! Also the 4 days split is a very good option - thats what I did.
Krasy

Just psych yourself up and go for it! :) As soon as Cathe comes onto the scene on that first disc you'll know you're ready! I just started my second rotation last week and am loving it all over again!

Hello! DH and I are on our second round of STS and we didn't do anything special to prepare for STS other than the 1RMs. We don't regret anything and love the program! :) Good luck to you!

Thanks guys! I am so excited to start STS at the end of September. I am planning it so my December vacation comes up during a rest week and it'll give me plenty of time to get my 1RMs done. :);)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.