How did I miss this?

nancy324

Cathlete
I know I'm jaded. I've lived in NYC too long now to be affected by much. When they're shooting movies in my neighborhood, I find it annoying to have to cross the street to avoid stepping on the camera cables. When the President comes to town, I don't even bother to turn my head to watch the processions of VIP cars. But, MAN, if I had known that Paul McCartney and his band were atop the CBS building marquee doing an impromptu concert, I would have been over there in a flash. How did I miss that? And I missed the Letterman interview too, although I was able to watch it on youtube. I still find McCartney's deadpan humor irresistible. It's nice to know I'm not totally impervious yet!

If you haven't seen it, at least watch the first thirty seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTNHD7lDX2U

Wow, that is jaded! ;) It stays pretty quiet here in little 'ole RI! We don't get much excitement, so any little thing and everyone's in a hubub!

Wow, that is jaded! ;) It stays pretty quiet here in little 'ole RI! We don't get much excitement, so any little thing and everyone's in a hubub!

Tricia, the whole movie filming thing in particular has been a constant presence in my life here. They've filmed at least 4 movies on my block alone since I've lived here, including on the day I was moving and had to postpone my move so they could film in my building. :confused: And the court I visit regularly is the court where they film the inside shots in Law & Order. They used to film during the weekdays, which just got in the way of everything. Nowadays, they mostly film on the weekends. After a while, it just becomes a nuisance.

Sounds awful! I couldn't imagine having to make concessions every day for that! Of course, L&O has always been one of my favorite shows, at least, until Jerry Orbach died. It's gone downhill since then!

They were filming the Showtime series Brotherhood here before it was canceled. Luckily, they filmed mostly in the City of Providence and left us East Bay-ers alone!

Really, though, I don't think I'd want that as part of my daily routine unless I was in the "business" making that money!

I know I'm jaded. I've lived in NYC too long now to be affected by much. When they're shooting movies in my neighborhood, I find it annoying to have to cross the street to avoid stepping on the camera cables. When the President comes to town, I don't even bother to turn my head to watch the processions of VIP cars. But, MAN, if I had known that Paul McCartney and his band were atop the CBS building marquee doing an impromptu concert, I would have been over there in a flash. How did I miss that? And I missed the Letterman interview too, although I was able to watch it on youtube. I still find McCartney's deadpan humor irresistible. It's nice to know I'm not totally impervious yet!

If you haven't seen it, at least watch the first thirty seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTNHD7lDX2U

Thanks for posting that link. I was watching it as my husband walked by the room and we ended up sitting here watching the interview and all of the performances. It was fun!

I have been reading that they are filming the movie "Remember Me" with Robert Pattinson in NYC. I hear that it's crazy with all his fans hanging around(drooling). I was just wondering if that was maybe the movie you are referring to.

Paul.
love0030.gif
love0001.gif

Last edited:
I have been reading that they are filming the movie "Remember Me" with Robert Pattinson in NYC. I hear that it's crazy with all his fans hanging around(drooling). I was just wondering if that was maybe the movie you are referring to.

NYC has always been a popular backdrop for movies for obvious reasons but over the last 10 years or so they film all over all the time because of the tax breaks Mayor Bloomie approved to get the revenue into the city .... Filming was at a standstill for a few months (outside of some of the tv serials) and then they renewed the credits. I did see Pattinson at Strand Books down the street from my job and then at my train station in Eastchester(Crestwood) when I came home the following Monday (apparently they filmed here as well)....I think he is following me :)
lol

Nancy - I didn't see Paul either, but I heard about it...and I agree, you get so used to it, you don't notice - and it is annoying when you can't get to where you want to go because some set assistant barks orders at you to move across the street....the only reason I noticed Pattinson was because there literally were hundreds of tweens screaming ....

I think that they film there because they just don't want to move. (not that I can blame them, I only stayed in LA for two years.) I figure that it is home to those crew members and actors. I would not want to shoot in NYC, it seems so busy that I would feel more comfortable directing traffic in a smaller town. Maybe thats just me.

Alisha

I did see Pattinson at Strand Books down the street from my job and then at my train station in Eastchester(Crestwood) when I came home the following Monday (apparently they filmed here as well)....I think he is following me :)
lol

the only reason I noticed Pattinson was because there literally were hundreds of tweens screaming ....

Lucky you!! I would love to see R-Pattz!! Fortunately, I don't live in NYC otherwise I'd probably be with all the tweens - yep, I'm 38yo - I need to get a life :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.