How big is your workout floor space?

Rachael20

Hi! :)

I'm a Cathe newbie - have the 3 pack of Low Max, Stretch Max and Core Max - but want to add to my collection in the months/years to come. I'm building a new workout space in my garage and am trying to figure out how wide the workout area needs to be. It is currently 8' wide in the design (7' deep) and I'm not sure that will be wide enough for Cathe's workouts.

There is a move in Low Max where you grapevine off the side - that's the one that bumps me into the sides of my current workout space.

I'd really appreciate any input!

~ Rachael
Cathe newbie

Rachael,

To comfortably be able to do some of the moves off to the sides of the step, I would think you would need a minimum of 10 feet width.

For depth, I have about 7 feet, and often wish I had another foot or more.

This means open floor space, not counting the space from the front of the T.V. to the wall. Then there is the area for putting the equipment (ball, barbell, dumbbells, step risers).

Have fun with your new workout space!

Lea:)

I'm moving in about a week, and I think my workout space has been my biggest dilemma!
I currently work out in the basement and have an area 10' wide and 8' deep. (actual open floor space; not including space from tv to workout area.)
I think in my new house, my workout area will have to be the third bedroom which is 10 x 11. I'm thinking I will buy a flat screen and hang on the wall to save space. Hopefully this works!

I argree that 8 feet front-to-back and 10 feet side-to-side is sufficient for most Cathe workouts. But some moves in the latest batch, if done without modification, really push that limit. I have to widen my space to about 12 feet wide to get in the walking lunges and hops and skips.

Also, some moves in the CTX series and the other workouts filmed at the same time would be best done in a bit wider area. Probably the 'widest' move Cathe uses in these is a side double side step/turn/double side step. And the 'deepest' moves are those that use both the space behind the step and the space in front of the step.

My workout space is about 8 ft front-back and 10 ft side to side.

The only time I run into space issues is with the hamstring grapevines off the side of the step in Low Max (and they might be in another w/o), which I have to modify to more of the middle of the step and more on an angle, and some of the moves in Drill Max. I go beyond the 10 ft on the forward bounding and skips. So I really should widen it to 12 feet also.

Melissa

Thanks everyone! :) That helps a lot - only having 3 Cathe workouts, I wasn't sure what her other ones required in terms of space. Low Max is a space hog, for sure ;-)

I spent some more time with my layout and arranged it so that I can have a minimum width of 11' and a maximum of about 14'. I can fold up my treadmill and push it against the wall without it being too much trouble - especially since I don't do cathe's stuff daily (yet LOL!).

My space is 10' deep (actual is 18 wide x 10 deep) so the TV will take away from that part but I think it should be enough. Otherwise I can make some adjustments to the TV by moving it to the side or something. I can tell everything in the room needs to be on wheels :p

Thanks again!

~Rachael
Cathe newbie

Wow!! I wish I had that much space. I live in a small house and have to exercise in a partially finished basement. Half is laundry and storage and the other half is my 6 yr olds playspace and my exercise space. I think my space is probably about 7 ft wide by about 8 ft deep from the tv to the back wall. I do a lot on an angle. I had to buy the shorter step and work with that or I would have no room at all. It's hard enough to do Cathe, but extra hard when you're trying to to squish Lego men and train tracks that sit at the edge of your space. I wish I had about a 12x12 room, but for now, I do with what I have.

i wish i had a lot of space too. i exercise in my living room and i modify as needed for the segments that require more space. for example in the body max instead of doing the 1 "v" step on the floor in the begining segment i just do 2 "v" steps on the step. or i just jump higher if i can't jump longer.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.