Hormones

wonderwoman

Cathlete
Does anybody know when our homones go back to normal after having a baby?
I am almost 4 months postpartum and for some reason I'm just not feeling like my old self yet.

That's a good question and I'm afraid I don't know the answer. I'm 3 1/2 months postpartum. Just last week I had patches of dry, red skin on my face (which I've never had before) and a friend said it was probably due to hormones. I think I feel like my normal self, but it's hard to say because I'm exhausted from getting up in the middle of the night and from being back at work. I don't know what's due to hormones and what's due to lack of sleep!! I'm anxious to hear if anyone else can add any insight.

Carrie

Hey Carrie
How are you? Hows your baby?

Well I meant it more from the emotions aspect of it. Physically I'm great I still have a few pounds to lose and my hair's falling out but I just walk around feeling aggravated all the time. I feel angry sometimes and anything could send me over the edge especially my husband. I didnt feel this way with my first whose now 5 cause she was the only baby at the time but now that I have 2 small ones it's harder. I cry at movies and silly commercials. I'm not depressed cause I dont feel sad or lonely. I think when I go back to work I feel better. Which is after thanksgiving. I've been home for 6 months my baby will be 4 months in 2 weeks.
I guess I'm just mad cause I feel like everybody wants something from me but nobody helps. It's frustrating when everbody revolves around you and if it wasnt for you what would they do. Am I making any sense just venting I guess LOL

I'm almost 19 weeks pp and I still do not feel like myself either. I cry at anything. The most benign Disney movie will move me to tears. I'm still nursing too so I know things haven't gone back to normal. Maybe once I'm done with that?

I've gone back on the pill, now, so my hormones are controlled again, and I STILL felt like that.
I found that going back to work made the difference, so hang in there for that.

I needed to have that routine, and ME time back, where no one is demanding anything from me (that I'm not expecting, at least).
I bet you'll feel a lot better once you get back into the swing of it.

I too am on the pill and never had felt this way before. I hope going back to work will make things normal for me your probably right about that. Thanks!

I believe that it does take at least 6 months to 1 year for you to be back to your normal self especially your hormones. I am always HOT! Before baby I was always cold walking around with sweaters now I fight with my husband about the heat being so high.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.