HIIT!!!!

Did 30/30 for the first time this morning and I must say that I love this workout. I modified with one riser and I definitely still felt the burn. Right afterwards, I walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes for added cardio. I can't believe that I had not taken the shrink wrap off the workout. I pre-ordered the shock cardio and had not tried most of them. My workout has been inconsistent the last year and I would choose workouts that I was familiar with vs. trying to find time to preview the videos and learn more moves. I started Cathe about 7 years ago and I must say that this will join my favorites list.

I've done 30/30 only two times, and I already see a significant difference in my cardiovascular capacity. Today I did Kick, Punch, & Crunch, and it was easier than it has ever been, I couldn't believe it! Not that it was easy, but I could do the whole thing without any modification, except I can't do straight-leg planks roll-ups on the ball. Usually I march in place instead of some of the jogging, things like that, because I'm super winded. It was awesome to be able to keep up and feel like I could even do more. LOVING the results of Hiit!

Excited newbie!

:D
I am new to Cathe's workouts (have been intimidated by them!) and just received the HIIT DVD with 30/30, 40/20, and the Double Pyramid!!! I've done 30/30 twice now (with 2 risers) and have to say I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS CHALLENGED BEFORE!!!! I knew that I needed to take my cardio to a higher level and I know that this DVD is going to get me there!!! At one point I seriously thought I wasn't going to make it (after the air jacks and tuck jumps!)!!!
I previewed 40/20 and am scared to death, but I will give it a shot and modify where needed! The Pyramid routine looks brutal as well...and I'm really looking forward to it! I plan on doing 2 of these per week (every 3 days) interspersed between AWT and steady state cardio.
The cast is phenomenal and I loved the production quality! I am SO HAPPY WITH THIS PURCHASE!!!! I am recommending it to all my workout buddies! Who knows, maybe I'll become a Cathlete????

Welcome Nanbo!! You already reached Cathlete-status by just getting through one of her workouts! I love 30/30 but I think Pyramid is my favorite. 40/20 is still really hard for me and I have to pause to catch my breath, but I'm working on it ;)

Are you thinking about purchasing any more Cathe videos?

Hi Nanobo!

One great way to modify is just to half as many reps as Cathe. That way you are still doing the move but don't spontaneously combust!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and great tips for Cathe Workout Survival!!!
I am thinking of getting more Cathe DVDs: I need a good ab routine for HIIT days, and I'd like a good steady state step cardio DVD for my non-HIIT cardio days. I consider myself an intermediate/advanced exerciser, but that was before I found Cathe (ha-ha!)! The Ab Circuits looks really good but I've read that it's really hard. Is Core Max a better choice for a newbie? Has anyone done Athletic Step or Step Moves?
I appreciate any advice that you seasoned Hard Bodies care to give! Thanks!!!;)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and great tips for Cathe Workout Survival!!!
I am thinking of getting more Cathe DVDs: I need a good ab routine for HIIT days, and I'd like a good steady state step cardio DVD for my non-HIIT cardio days. I consider myself an intermediate/advanced exerciser, but that was before I found Cathe (ha-ha!)! The Ab Circuits looks really good but I've read that it's really hard. Is Core Max a better choice for a newbie? Has anyone done Athletic Step or Step Moves?
I appreciate any advice that you seasoned Hard Bodies care to give! Thanks!!!;)
I'm no hard body, in fact there's a whole thread on here somewhere about how mushy my butt is :D but I have a lot of Cathe DVD's, so I'll offer some of my thoughts, and I'm sure others will pitch in with their recommendations too.

I don't have Athletic Step or Step Moves, but if you do a search you can find past threads where people talk about them, compare them, likes/dislikes etc. Two of my favorite steady-state cardio workouts are Step Blast and Low Max. For Low Max, you can do the premix of cardio only (no intensity blasts) for more of a steady state workout, keeps it a bit shorter too as the entire Low Max is 70 minutes. Although actually I prefer to do the whole thing, it's seriously fun! Also, almost any circuit or bootcamp DVD you buy will have a cardio-only premix that you can use on steady state cardio days.

Abs: I don't have Ab Circuits, it's on my wish list for when I get STS. I downloaded one of the Core Max routines and I really like it. I found it challenging but not impossible or painful, though it might have hurt 6 months ago when I had just discovered Cathe. I can't compare it to Ab Circuits obviously since I don't have AC; Core Max doesn't strike me as "newbie" core work, but none of Cathe's workouts are beginner level, and everyone just modifies as they get stronger.

Another thought is to invest in Butts & Guts (one of my all-time favorite Cathe DVD's!) because in addition to the ab/core routine in the main workout, there is a bonus ab routine done on a stability ball, so you get two ab workouts plus the incredible lower body workout. I often add one of the B&G ab routines after a cardio day.

Anyway, good luck and have fun! :D

I was going to suggest Step Blast too. This was one of my first step DVDs by Cathe. It takes a little while to get used to the choreography, but a lot of the moves in this one are pretty basic. The cool thing with Step Blast is that it also comes with Step, Jump, & Pump which is one of my favorites and incorporates cardio & weights! The premixes are so awesome.

I do own Athletic Step and Step Moves and I enjoy both. Athletic Step isn't as "dancy" as some of the other step workouts; I believe it's about 45 min long, give or take. Step Moves has some more intricate cardio and isn't as intense but it is so much fun! It's appx the same length as Athletic Step.

As far as Ab Circuits being too intense, I don't think that is true. There are some moves that I would never be able to do in my life but the same holds true for Core Max (hello levitation holds!!! :eek: ). Although I like both, I think I prefer Ab Circuits more just because there is a lot more variety; you have ab work on the floor, Yoga abs, Pilates abs, stability ball abs, weights & plates, and medicine ball abs. Core Max has some variety too but there are only 3 segments: floor work, stability ball, and medicine ball.

HTH!!! Let us know what you decide and what you think of the workouts!!

Cardio Fusion: Mix & Match premix, is another workout to try to see how far your cardio endurance has come. This is the most challenging workout I have ever done. I did use a 8" step as filmed. Peggy

Great advice!

Wow!!!! Thanks for the great advice ladies! I am going to order Ab Circuits for sure (thanks Meliffy!), and I'll watch some clips to decide which steady state step cardio(s) to pick! I'm intrigued by Step Blast because I am also curious about Cathe's weight workouts; this might be a good introduction. I've been doing AWT for over 20 years but have never developed the upper body I've wanted, and, now that I'm getting older (48 years young), my waist to knee area needs special attention, too! Cathe seems to be just what I need at this point...I think I'm crossing over to an ADVANCED exerciser :eek:!!!
I appreciate the support I've received from all of you!
Thanks again! :D

Took the advice!

I just wanted to pop in here and let you ladies know that I've ordered Step Blast, Travel Fit, and I've preordered the new series coming out on Halloween!:eek:
I AM FIRED UP!!!! I think with the HiiT workouts and these new challenges that are coming, I am going to be feeling awesome by the New Year!!!!! Thanks for your enthusiastic support!;)

I could have written this post - except I don't ski, I practice martial arts and I can honestly say, out of a dozen adults (10 young men) I have the best endurance (and maybe agility) and I owe it to doing Cathe's Hiit workouts.

Double Wave to welcome Earl!!!!

:eek:Last night I did Double Wave Pyramid for the first time! That really packs a punch, ey? I thought it was a good way to prepare for Hurricane Earl's arrival!:p
I found the moves a little easier to do than 30/30, but maybe I'm just getting better at it too? I was really panting after the first pyramid up and LOVED how challenging it became near the end! My air jacks had considerably less air than the first time through!
This morning my quads are talking to me a bit ;)!
Can't wait to try 40/20!!!!!

40/20 is HARD!!!!

OMG!!!! I did 40/20 for the first time last night and was really challenged! There were some moves that I just couldn't get a handle on and I was breathless from laughing at myself as well as having my lungs ripped out from the cardio! The butt kicks were really tough...I think I'll be going down to 3 risers instead of 4 and practicing that move a little bit more! Also the jack jumps up onto the step were tough....I think I need to get more courageous and stop hesitating before I jump up there :rolleyes:! Again, 3 risers might be needed for the time being. Overall I really enjoyed the workout and am looking forward to the next time it comes up in my rotation (meanwhile I'll practice those moves that literally trip me up!)!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.