HIIT Interval Lengths, Music

tmc712

Hi Cathe,

I'm so excited that you're making so many cardio workouts - especially the HIIT workouts!!

Two questions:

(1) I know that you said all of the HIITs will have a 2:1 work:rest ratio, but will each of them have a different interval length, such as 60 sec work, 30 sec rest for one, 40 sec work, 20 sec rest for another, etc.? I would really love to have that kind of variety.

(2) Any idea what kind of music you'll be using?

Thanks!
Tonya

Personally, I hope there are some recognizable tunes on all the DVDs. Nothing is more motivational to me than the oldies in IMAX2/Cardio and Weights, or the newer stuff you put in LIC/BM2. I hope you stick to your normal cardio-type music rather than continuing the music you had for the STS strength. Time to change it up! :)

Another vote for your usual music!

I still do Cathe workouts after all this time because of the tight package - excellent workout and excellent music. :)

Music is so important to workouts. Will you be working with Brian Howe again on these?

Another vote for the type of music you have used in the past :). Certainly nothing wrong with the STS music, but for cardio I prefer recognizable music.

Personally, I hope there are some recognizable tunes on all the DVDs. Nothing is more motivational to me than the oldies in IMAX2/Cardio and Weights, or the newer stuff you put in LIC/BM2. I hope you stick to your normal cardio-type music rather than continuing the music you had for the STS strength. Time to change it up! :)

Oh Yes, Yes, Yes!!! I so would LOVE recognizable tunes too! I totally agree with you SwankySwimmer!! The type of music you had in HIS, LIC, BM2, IMAX3, IMAX2, Cardio & Weights, High Step Challenge and so one really give me SO MUCH motivation and really increase my energy levels like a shot of adreneline to keep on going and to push. With out that, it will not be the same. Please do not change that aspect of your cardio workouts!!

No-music option for HIIT workouts?

Hi Cathe,

I'm just wondering if you will have a no-music option for the HIIT workouts? I think it would be nice if we can play our own music from time to time (although we do know you put great music in your workouts!).

My favorite music is on all 4 discs of 4DS. Cathe's European background (and music preferences) totaly coincides with mine - I am also European. I would love the music in the new series to be similar to 4DS, AND THE MOVEMENTS TO BE ON THE BEAT!!! :) But whatever it is, I know it will be the best she has ever done! I also wish there were more step workouts - the dancier and more intricate, the better! Ha!

Hi Tonya...yes those types of ratios are the kind we will be working with. Music has not been decided upon yet. :)

Hi Cathe,

I'm so excited that you're making so many cardio workouts - especially the HIIT workouts!!

Two questions:

(1) I know that you said all of the HIITs will have a 2:1 work:rest ratio, but will each of them have a different interval length, such as 60 sec work, 30 sec rest for one, 40 sec work, 20 sec rest for another, etc.? I would really love to have that kind of variety.

(2) Any idea what kind of music you'll be using?

Thanks!
Tonya

PLEASE KEEP SAME MUSIC!!!

One of the main reasons I got hooked on Cathe's workouts was because of the dance/house music she used in many of her cardio/circuit workouts(High Step Challenge, Drill Max,Hardcore Extreme, Kick Max...etc) . Not that corney Tae Bo workout music either. The beats keep me moving and motivated! I would be GREATLY dissapointed if she did all new music. I would love to hear old school beats thrown in with some with some new dance music! The music for STS was okay for weight lifting...but this is cardio, so stay with what your Cathelete's love!!! Good music is key!!!

One of the main reasons I got hooked on Cathe's workouts was because of the dance/house music she used in many of her cardio/circuit workouts(High Step Challenge, Drill Max,Hardcore Extreme, Kick Max...etc) . Not that corney Tae Bo workout music either. The beats keep me moving and motivated! I would be GREATLY dissapointed if she did all new music. I would love to hear old school beats thrown in with some with some new dance music! The music for STS was okay for weight lifting...but this is cardio, so stay with what your Cathelete's love!!! Good music is key!!!

Ditto.

Good music is far more essential than many instructors understand. That's why I've used Cathe workouts for years. It's why I still use them.

I would also be greatly disappointed if the music for STS cardio was like the the music for STS Strength. In fact, I may be one of the few who didn't buy Strength. The only reason - the music. It's that important to the workout experience for me.

I'm am so looking forward to the next Cathe release and hope that I can be on the "pre-order" bandwagon. I'm prepared to make my order as soon as we get the word on music! :)

Me too for a vote for the recognizable music. It is really the first reason I started Cathe in the first place, . . but with music aside she IS hands down the best home DVD instructor in the universe of the world and totally motivates me music or not. I do have to say that her choice in recognizable music surely is the best so I hope esp. since this is a cardio workout that it is the up beat type of music that keeps you moving. I gotta say my prayers have been answered with regard to this whole HITT. I read constantly how this is the way to train but I just lack the motivation to go it alone. I can't wait till this comes out. Until then I'll just wait patiently. :)

Yet another vote for recognizable music! Another music combo like IMAX2 and I will be in complete heaven!!! There's a good reason that workout rocks!!:D:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.