High step challenge ?

jharris35

Cathlete
I have the firm fanny lifter box, if I were to order high step would the fanny lifter work with it?

I also think I need to invest in a barbell, looking through catalog it seems like it would be a good one.

Is your fanny lifter from the Firm? It sounds like it. It will work for HSC, but the high step will work better. If you own the Original Step, you can buy the topper from Cathe's catalogue and save yourself some money.
The high step works better so you can place your resistance band underneath the grooves for some of the exercises.
The barbell I bought is from Walmart for $19.95 although there is another out there that alot of people from the forum have gotten too from Amazon.
HSTA is also a great DVD too!

If you were to order High step challenge your fanny lifter would work with it. Although, it's not as good and some day when you have the money you'll probably want to get the version "The Step" company makes. I used to have a fanny lifter, it's not as stable, or as versitile as far as level adjustments, but it'll do. When getting a barbell (I got mine at walmart), get one that does not have the threaded ends so you have to screw in the end things that hold the weights in place. I know I'm doing a poor job of explaining this. My barbell has the threads and it was cheap but it's a pain to change the weights. Cathe has you change the weights a lot in her workouts so it's difficult. Her barbell has some kind of butterfly clip that holds the weights in place instead.
Good luck and have fun with your new workout!
Heather

yes it is from the firm. Did you buy your barbell at Walmart or did you order it online? Shipping for those items are expensive.

I highly recmmend getting the High Step topper (as JT says, if you have the regular club step already, the topper will work with those risers). The Fanny Lifter, which works well as a step-up box (and, by the way, as a laptop table, which is how I've used mine for the last 3 years!) is not as stable as the High Step, and it would be too easy to catch your foot on the edge of it and kick it out of place when doing some of the 'fast feet' drills. It's also not meant for impact, and doesn't give as much as the high step.

Another alternative, for many of the cardio moves, is to just turn your step vertically (so when you look down, the narrow end is facing you) and work off the end. There is only one move, I believe, that would require modification (a move that has you moving around the high step on all 4 sides). This is what I did before I got the topper.

Hello Jharris.

My barbell was ordered online cause I don't like to visit Walmart on Saturdays so my shipping was as expensive as the barbell itself. Mine has the butterfly clips, which get easier the more you use it.
My fanny lifter now gets used as a step for household uses.
I also used my long step vertically before buying any fanny lifter or high step topper, but the topper works great.

JT

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.