High Reps

I think I bought my Danskin set in 2005 or 2006. It came with two 5# plates and two 2.5# plates. Which wasn’t enough weight for me, even back then. There was a little instruction brochure and it had a website to order more plates, so I bought four 5# plates. I don’t remember what color the 2.5’s were but the 5’s are blue. I didn’t know there were 8’s, but I’d given anything if they’d made 10’s. But I guess the size of the bar couldn’t support that much weight. The bar I used to have didn’t have the round clips, the bar itself had holes in it and there was a wishbone shaped clip that would snap into each hold so nothing was going to come loose.

Whoops not 8!
I bought mine at Kmart . I bought everything they had to go with because they were clearing them out but they didn't have 5# or anything heavier.

What I have are green 1#, orange 2# and purple 4#. They're perfect addon weights..even my husband uses them lol

It sounds like you and I have totally different iterations of this barbell!

Whoops not 8!
I bought mine at Kmart . I bought everything they had to go with because they were clearing them out but they didn't have 5# or anything heavier.

What I have are green 1#, orange 2# and purple 4#. They're perfect addon weights..even my husband uses them lol

It sounds like you and I have totally different iterations of this barbell!
Omg Kmart! I remember going in there with my mom when I was a little kid and they’d do the blue light special and literally have this blue flashing light that they’d wheel over to whatever it was that was on sale. I loved Kmart. Now I think they’ve all closed. I got my Danskin barbell at Academy Sports and Outdoors, a very popular Texas based sporting goods store. I just love the Danskin barbell because there’s no weight plates clanging around early in the morning!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.