Hi Everyone!

I felt the same way about warming up with the stability ball Catherine! I like how it works the core and lengthens the torso.

I hope the new year is treating you well Cathe. Any injuries? Or have you been staying healthy. Hope it is the latter. All my best John

Hold that thought Shelby! Now that we know we will be doing a calendar again next year I will look forward to everyones input for content and photo's.

Hi Cathe,
I hope that I haven't missed you! I wanted to say a quick hello and maybe pick your brain for a second. I've been asked to speak to a local chapter of TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) on pretty much any topic regarding fitness/nutrition/wellness that I'd like. Think Weight Watchers support--- minus the larger fees, "points", and diet plans. I have about 20 minutes to speak and have pretty much decided that the group can best utilize some advice on fitness.

So if you only had 20 minutes to offer some "soundbytes", so to speak, what would you focus on? I'll probably pop this up in the Open Forum as well, but since you happened by I thought I'd ask
:) :7

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well!

Thanks again for everything:D

Mattea

Hi Zebra! Your body sounds too used to your running program. Cut back from 4 days a week to only two. Makeone of those two running workouts and interval run. The next cardio should be BM2. Your 4th cardio should be kickboxing or another form of cardio that you don't already do (and that your foot is okay doing).

Then Pyramid Lower Body one day and Pyramid Upper Body the other.

Here is an example:

Mon: Do an interval run then later in the evening do Pyramid Upper Body.

Tues: Kickboxing or a cardio that you are NOT used to for 45 to 60 minutes.

Wed: Body Max 2

Thurs: off

Fri: 20 minute core workout and a 20 minute stretch workout.

Sat: Your usual running program by day and Pyramid Lower Body in the evening

Sun: Flexibility class or flexibility DVD workout

Drink extra water, eat clean, and sleep hard!

Good Luck!

Sure thing, Cathe! Thanks. Seeing you do moves like that just blows my mind and makes me think 'now that's what I call girl power' }( !

Hi Mattea! I like our picture :)

Yikes, I have to sign off now and get my kids. If I get a chance to come back on later I will. Hopefully you get good input from Open Discussion. Good Luck and take care!

Hi Cathe,

Yes, it's my desktop picture too and such a great memory:7

You're such a gem for being willing to take the time to answer! I have plenty of time, so if you get the chance I'd love your input, but we both know the caliber of the educated crowd on this forum so I'm sure I'll get some stellar suggestions.

Enjoy your evening!
Mattea

Hello Cathe.
It's great that someone asked and you answered that question that has been on my mind for a long time. My predicement has been wait for the new series or go backwards and order some DVD's I left out, or both...
Yesterday, I got my replacements and thank you!!

Stay healthy and enjoy the snow!!

Cathe,

I'm 53 (Mom to soon to be 10 year old son) and I have to thank you for all of your hard work.

I found out about your work outs at the Firm Ya Ya's many years ago but I wouldn't try them because I thought they'd be too hard for me.(Humm. Yea, they are but I do them.)

I decided to try them because I read that in order to keep your brain young you have to challange it just like you do your other "muscles" and following step routines was extremly hard for me. Since I wanted to be fit physically and mentally I bought the Step Blast Series. Some days I wish I just tried to learn French but ...:))

This is now my 2nd year with your workouts. You keep me injury free with your thoughtful, balanced, rotations, and I want to thank you for taking the time for making them each month.

I may not follow them to the letter each month ( I only own Blast, Intensity, Gym Styles and your latest series) but they give me a templet to follow.

Off to feed my son.

Colleen

>Hi Cathe!
>
>. (Although it's costing me more in
>the clothes budget as I do not fit in any of my old clothes
>anymore!!!)
>
>I look forward to working out now and find it fun - I think
>because I am being challenged
>
>Thanks for all you do! We appreciate it! I am looking
>forward to anything new you put out!!
>
>Thanks again!
>Jane

Hi Jane, I know the feelin', I cleaned out my closets and gave away stuff to Goodwill. My daughter is a preteen 13 but little on the stout side, and I am able to wear some of her clothes. It is supposed to be the other way around!!!:) It is so nice to try on clothes when the medium and larges just fall off of ya....!!!
Yes Cathe, thanks for all you do and the wonderful workouts. Annette

Hi Cathe
I just wanted to say a HUGE thanks. Your an inspiration to me and I so appreciate your visits here.
I am keeping up with you and I am seeing great results. I do modify now and then but without compromise for best results.
God bless you and your family.
Lynn:)

Zebra10

Cathe-

Thanks so much for the info. I just ordered your new low impact circuit/Coremax/B&G & your body blast series, (timesaver & supersets + pushpull). I really am excited to get this bod in shape. I hope I have enough to choose from to work with your suggestions. Do you think I need KPC or do I have enough to pull from with the great info you provided? Thanks again. Zebra10

Hi Cathe! Maybe the reason why you haven't been online much could be that your developing the next "new series". LOL Just joking w/ya! Good to "see" you.

Take care! Kathy:D

PS: Ignore this post as I hadn't read everyone's replies. Note to myself: make sure to read everything first before posting. Sheesh!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.