Hey Fitness Freak!!

denise5

Cathlete
Dear Debbie,

I see that you help other people to figure out thier calorie needs. Where do you get this information from? I neeed to figure out mine. I follow Weight Watchers and I do not believe that I eat enough to support the activity that I do. I work out 5-6 day a week and do a 3 day split and 2-3 days of 45-60 minutes cardio. I am going to start Cathe's 3 1/2 month STS rotation in a week or so. How can I find out how many calories to consume? I am 48, 5' 4", and weigh 150 (I have put on 6 pounds since Thanksgiving). I want to weigh about 135. If you could either help me or point me to a website I can use, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Denise

Dear Debbie,

I see that you help other people to figure out thier calorie needs. Where do you get this information from? I neeed to figure out mine. I follow Weight Watchers and I do not believe that I eat enough to support the activity that I do. I work out 5-6 day a week and do a 3 day split and 2-3 days of 45-60 minutes cardio. I am going to start Cathe's 3 1/2 month STS rotation in a week or so. How can I find out how many calories to consume? I am 48, 5' 4", and weigh 150 (I have put on 6 pounds since Thanksgiving). I want to weigh about 135. If you could either help me or point me to a website I can use, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Denise

I use the formula that is in the "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" book.

If you want to maintain your current weight, you can eat up to 2136 calories a day. To lose you need to eat between 1496-1709.

Denise: Hey, I know you didn't ask me, but thought this might help, too. I was a WW girl for YEARS and I had the same theory. I tracked calories for a while while counting points and realized I was eating 1500ish calories a day. I was 5'9" and 140 so it wasn't nearly enough when my activity level was considered. I now use the BFFM calorie calculations and have upped my calories a bit. I even lost a few more pounds because I now eat enough! :eek: Go figure! I'm just in a similar situation, so thought I would share. Good luck!

Orphylea

Thanks for responding. I have thought for a while that I was not eating enough. I am going to try eating a little more by counting calories. I am thinking they should be in the higher range when I do a weight workout and a little lower when I do cardio. I am going to do the frst Mesocycle of STS doing this and see what happens.

Denise

Let me know how it goes for you. I do think WW is a great program, but it isn't designed for someone that burns 400-800 calories in a workout 6 days a week. Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.