Hey Cbelle

katrid

Hey Cbelle. I was reading posts and noticed that you are doing weight watchers. I just rejoined online for the umpteenth time, swearing I will do it this time. How much weight have you lost so far, and what are you finding to be the best workout rotations as far as weightloss/results go? TIA for any info.

Wish I could give you all kinds of good info but I just started on Saturday. As of today my rotation will be PS series M-W-F plus 30 mins of walk/running. T-TH-S straight up cardio (spinning or a Cathe tape). I'm hoping to lose 15 lbs. I'm still conflicted about Activity Pts....whether to eat them or not. Plus I never feel like I'm getting an accurate amount of pts for what I'm doing...sometimes I feel its not enough, sometimes too much.

I started on Saturday too, though my weigh-ins are going to be on Friday's. Are you doing the online version? If so, you can calculate your activity points there, though as you mentioned, I'm not so sure of the accuracy. I'm definitely not an expert, but I would suggest listening to your body and if you're hungry, use the points, if not, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. I guess it is something you can tailor to your individual need. As far as banking the activity points, I believe I would only bank a few, and not all (as in the past). Good luck, and keep me posted on your progress. Unfortunately I have a ton more to lose!

I hope you don't mind me butting in, but I am also on WW. I have been doing it on/off again for a couple of years. It really works when you are committed! I have the best results when I do some type of interval training, such as IMAX atleast once a week as well as endurance weight training, such as Body Max, once a week. In addition, I also lift each body part once a week and do cardio 5-6 days a week. I have actually found that I like to run and that seems to help my weight loss. I would love to have some weight loss buddies if you guys are interested.

Deni

Always looking for a buddy to keep me on the right track! I'm a little confused though about WW and calories (*see post in Open Discussion). It seems like I'm getting way too few calories a day even if I eat my APs. I'm averaging 1350/day and it seems like everyone on this board says no less than 1800-2000. I'm doing about 7 hrs of exercise a week (Cathe tapes, cardio and weights, plus walk/running.) I'm wondering if I'm slowly starving myself to death. I've been eating less than 1400 calories for years and years now except for my bingeing days. What do you think?

You might want to talk to your leader. I don't count calories, just my points. My leader said that more times than not, you will loose weight if you eat your activity points. You may not be getting all of the fuel you need. Hope this helps.

I would definitely like a weightloss buddy! Like you, I have joined, and joined, and joined again. My niece lost 90 lbs. last year on ww. Like you said......if you follow it it works. I just found out today that I have multiple degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis in my lower lumbar, and something else (pretty bad when you can't remember). Anyhow, my dr wanted to send me to physical therapy, but I asked if I could instead either use my gym membership or workout at home, and he said that was fine as long as I'm aggressive (not passive) about staying committed. He also told me about weightloss and how that will help to aleviate some of the pain. So.............................I definitely need a buddy!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.