Hey, anybody ever done Circuit Max like this..............

Calico

Cathlete
I did weights today but I wanted a short cardio and the 8 min. taebo just didn't sound appealing this morning. I had done Cardio Kicks yesterday and a premix off of KPC the day before. I am having to avoid step right now because my plantar fascitis while much better I promised the doctor no stepping or really high impact til I went back to see him:eek: . Soo I thought with my trusty DVD player that I could do Circuit Max and only do the cardio portion up through the 1st kickboxing segment since the 2nd one uses the step. Sooo that is what I did, I fastforwarded through the weight portion since I had already done PSBBA before. I got a good approx. 33 min. cardio workout doing it this way. It was a pain to fastforward, but it worked.:D Just thought I would pass this along. Hopefully soon I will be able to resume stepping :) .

Not to get another discussion started but I am doing Atkins' with my dh because he needs the support and has more weight to lose than I do, and I have already lost 11.5 pounds in 5 days( part was lost before we officially started due to having eaten all the carbs in the house and there being none left).:7 I am not sure that I will be able to keep this up, because I am eating very little and am kinda worried about that but I figure I can do anything for 14 days.:7

Please don't flame me for wanting to support my dh in his efforts to lose weight (he has over 100 + pounds to lose and this is the only diet that he has shown interest in)

Hi Annette! I just wanted to say that it is very thoughtful and supportive of you to help your husband like this and I'm sure he appreciates the effort you are putting forth just for him. Keep up the good work!

Sorry I don't own Circuit Max so I can't try your workout, but it sounds like a good one.

Kristi

I use CircuitMax cardio portions only, but how did you get 33 minutes from just 3 segments(5 minutes each)? Even with warmup included I can't figure how it came to be 33 minutes...?

RE: Hey, anybody ever done Circuit Max like this..........

Ok the warm up is 5 the next 3 segments are 5 so that is 20 plus the stretch/cooldown, not sure how long that is, I don't rightly know how I came up with that number, I was timing it off my clock, so I could be a little off.:+ It was still a nice shorter workout that fit the bill for today.:) :D Next time I will have to pay more attention to the time, I did subtract out for fast forwarding and running to get more water, maybe I misjudged on that time allotment, sorry!!:+ :7

RE: Hey, anybody ever done Circuit Max like this..........

That's no problem I just wanted to know if I was missing something I could incorporate since I use this workout alot.

MIC hi/lo + CMax 1st 3 seg's + Jump part of Step/Jump/Pump is a good workout.

Thanks for breaking the time down for me!

Annette:

you are a wonderfully supportive woman. No-one will flame you for being so supportive of your husband. We all do weird things and make sacrifices sometimes for our partners. And sometimes we need these things from them. I think it's great.

You are great.

Clare

Annette,
Way to go helping your husband. You are great. I know Atkins provides great results, but I also know everyone that has ever did it gained back double the weight when they finished. Have you ever tried weight watchers? Or a nutritionist at the hospital will design a diet for you based on the foods he enjoys. My parents just did that and even got to eat fast food a few times a week. Good luck to you and your hubby>>:) :)

Just push play!
Susan

Annette, i think its great you're supporting your husband. Good for you. If you're doing great on Atkins, then stay with it, but perhpas just increase your serving sizes. Good luck and i hope your husband loses the weight he wants x

Annette, I have Circuitmax on VHS....so talk about fastforwarding! I just started getting DVD's...much easier. Sounds like a good workout though.

I also think it is great you are supporting your dh. I have heard Atkins is good for someone with 50 pounds or more to loose. I know people that have lost weight with it. After 14 days...you could just add more carbs, like fruits and vegetables, decrease the fat and it might be similar to the "Zone". My husband and I did that one a few years back and we both felt much better. I'm trying to get back on track myself...:)...Carole

Great idea for Circuit Max for an intense short workout. As an (almost) 5 year veteran Atkins' dieter, there is nothing better than having support from a spouse and I think it's wonderful you're doing it with him. I recommend though you 1. eat more food and 2. Don't stop with Induction and join your husband in the future levels of the diet where you eat more veggies, fruits and whole grains. The Atkins diet has tons of variety and is really enjoyable in the maintenance level. I hope you both enjoy your weightloss and improved health as much as I do.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.