Her voice gets lost here and there

eminenz2

Cathlete
This is my experience -

Previewing the new DVDs in my combo TV/DVD player, the sound is perfectly balanced.

Working out to the new DVDs in my "workout area", where the DVD player is a little portable player plugged into the TV, the sound is so different. Cathe's voice is continually getting lost in the mix and sometimes I can't even make out what she's saying.

Is this a DVD player problem or a TV problem?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for your input and opinions!

Susan L.G.

P.S. Both TVs have "stereo" speakers. The only difference, besides brand names, is one DVD player is built into the TV and the other isn't.

You want to make sure that you you have both the "red" and "white" audio cables plugged into Your DVD player and TV. It sounds like you have one channel hooked up. Also make sure you're not listening to the workout in "music louder".

I noticed the same thing yesterday while doing low impact circuit. I just got my tapes yesterday so I haven't had a chance to check out the rest of them yet, but I know what you're saying..Pet

ditto.... and my dvd is set up perfectly.... i can hear cathe in all the old dvds..... but yes... this morning when doing LIC i noticed i had a hard time hearing her cuing over the music (normal setting)

it's like the music is too loud...

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

yep.... i think it WAS step combo 2.... i'll pay more attention next time i do it!

(when previewing these videos... i actually had to go to cathe only cuz i found the music really annoying during a preview.... at least when i'm working out to them it's not quite as bad.... but then.... i don't like techno!)

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

I also noticed that the music in LIC is very loud using the normal mix option. There are definite sections in which I can't hear what Cathe is saying so I miss the step.

Cecilia

>I also noticed that the music in LIC is very loud using the
>normal mix option. There are definite sections in which I
>can't hear what Cathe is saying so I miss the step.
>
>Cecilia

I've toggled back and forth between "normal" and "music louder," and I can't hear much of a differnce. It doesn't seem like the "music louder" option is even necessary on these, as the 'normal' mode is loud enough.

I love the music where it is! I didn't really notice the volume problem. Then again, I love Techno and Hit List music. Guess it's all in what you like.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar02/flower02/lb/0/31/26/.png[/img][/url]

>I love the music where it is! I didn't really notice the
>volume problem. Then again, I love Techno and Hit List music.
> Guess it's all in what you like.
>
>
>http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar02/flower02/lb/0/31/26/.png[/img][/url]

Me too. In the HC series, people complained the music wasn't loud enough (I agree). I'd rather have the music LOUD than not loud enough. LOVE being able to hear the music in this series, including LIC!!!
Angela:7
P.S. I wish Imax 3 had the same "problem" as LIC...I'd be in workout heaven!!!:7 :7 :7 :7

I love the musice in LIC also but I have alot of trouble hearing Cathes voice over the music. I'm going to have my hubby check our sound system to see if its our equipment or the DVD. Once I really learn the tape it may not matter that I can't hear her over the music but right now its kinda bothersome.

i noticed the same thing this morning with Bmax2! cathe's voice gets drowned out... and the music is REALLY hard on the ears! tinny.... grating! i've never had that happen with workouts before.... (the music is grating in all four... almost too loud... but you HAVE to play them loudly to be able to hear cathe cue the movies)

-------------

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.