Helping you understand STS

Thanks Cathe!! STS looks like the best plan ever...looks pretty straight forward to me. I check the blog every day to see the new and exciting pictures. It is fun to see the new crew, and it looks like everyone is having a blast making the program. For all of your hard work and the sore muscles, I am extremely grateful to you.
You have changed my life in so many positive ways.
A dedicated fan and workout partner,
Blueeyes

I can't believe filming is finished!! What an accomplishment!! Congratulations to everyone involved!!!!

I went ahead and preordered even though I am not quite sure this is something I will be able to do being a beginner/intermediate exerciser. I hope I can do this series or at least modify it to my personal abilities. I have several of Cathe's other DVDs and she is so inspiring I just couldn't pass this project up!! :)

Haley!

No worries as everyone works at their OWN safe weights. There will be a program posted here eventually for you to figure out what is safe for YOU & no one else...there is no competition in the STS series. Glad to hear your preordered. I know you won't be sorry! BTW, WELCOME!!! Looking forward to getting to know you.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

Hi Cathe,
It has been years since I have been online with you. I bought my own workout club and that was the end of normal!

I live in Sac, CA and just went to the Boston Marathon because my 39 yr old mother of 3 daughter raced! I tried so dang hard to head towards New Jersey and go to your club, but it just was not possible! Someday....deep sigh:)

I am still a faithful follower and logged on to see what you have. I am getting a little older now (54:p), mother of 9, grandma of 27. I just wanted to put in my 2cents. I was diagnosed 14 years ago with RA and it eventually escalated to fibromyalgia. I need to have the cardio before, between and all the way through the weight workout. I love your hard core circuit style training and will pull those before anything. So, although this is new DVD is exiting, I hope you add inovative cool steps into the cardio and weights.

Take care and hope to hear from you!

Sue in Sacramento :)

......this is what i like about this program and whyi had to order it as soon as i read about it. it is totally based on the scientific research and muscle confusion. thanks for undertaking this endeavor. i am anxiously awaiting the finished product.
maddddddd

Hi Cathe:

I apologize if this has been explained already but I'm really confused about finding my 1 rep max. What body parts or what kind of exercises should I do to find my one rep max? Should they be isolated muscle movements or compound exercises?
I have the weighted barbell (40lbs. max), should I buy more plates for them? As far as dumbells, how many different weights would you recommend that I have available for the workout? Currently, my heaviest ones are only 12 lbs. Please advise! Thank you!

Marisa

Awesome

What could be better, no thinking. Just put the dvd in and do whatever "she" says!! I preordered on day one or two, also. Can't wait!:D

Just want to clarify

I understand that this is for strength gain, muscle gain and endurance, but I'm trying to shed fat will this help me do that without bulking up? Do I need to look for another type of workout something with more cardio.

soooo confused

i am so sorry to sound so dumb. but, i don't know how everyone is already doing their 1rm. it is a bit difficult for me to navigate the site, cuz i have dial-up and can't get to place sometimes, cuz my computer is so slow. i really want to do this the right way. i also am gonna be 54 in jan. and i sometimes have extreme exhaustion. i take my rest days and all that stuff, but there are days when i can barely move. but, i just want to get the best workout i can get.
thanks for your help
cathy

Cardio????

Cathe:

While I've seen a lot of weight lifting in the STS previews and I understand that weight lifting in high reps produces a cardio workout, will there be traditional aerobics included in this next set of videos? I apologize if this has already been asked and answered but I haven't seen it yet and I haven't read every thread.

LeAnn Z.

list of exercise

Is there a place I can go on the site to print a list of all the exercise in STS? My computer is not close to my home gym. I wanted to print all the exercises so I can do my one rep max and than come up and enter into the computer?

Thanks, any help is appreciated. I can't figure out how to print from the drop down box.

I don't think you can print from drop down box.
"See 1RM is easier than you think" for explanation of wo cards etc.
I hope this helps.
Joan

after mesocycle 3 completion?

What happens after 12 weeks when you complete the mesocycle 3? Do you start at the beginning again with mesocylce 1 or do you continue with 3?

You can either start the STS program over by going back to mesocycle #1 or you can do something different for a while and then return to STS. Since you will be more familiar with the STS program the second time around and have hopefully made some progress you will want to adjust your weights accordingly.

Cathe,

Thank you for this information. I'm looking forward when STS comes out.

Joey
7418821_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
another question

i have finally figured out how to do my 1rm. so, i have them ready for the first 2 workouts , but i cannot figure out how to get them into the calculator to show up on my workout card. is that what is supposed to happen, or where do we get the results to know what weights to use for each meso-cycle?

and, i saw somewhere, the workouts look like they're all around an hour, give or take. if you go to i think the workout manager and go to STS quik links, i think you might find it there.
cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.