Help!

lov2bfit

Cathlete
I am in my second week of Insanity and have gained weight!! I know I've read posts about this before, but don't remember reading anything in regards to if the weight eventually begins to drop. I have been eating clean and working out according to the Insanity calendar. I am trying to lose weight during this program and am a little discouraged over a weight gain. Am I doing somethig wrong? Am I possibly not eating enough? Has anyone else had this problem and had had to stop the program because of it?

Thanks ladies!

Katie

They say any water weight should begin to diminish after about the first 2 weeks of a new program....if that's the issue you are experiencing. As for wether you are not eating enough, I really couldn't answer that for you but it too is a possible culprit.

I gained weight something fierce the first time I tried STS and after 2 weeks it was still only going UP so I quit the program three weeks in. I had gained about 8 pounds by that point!!! I was told it was water but in my case it sooo wasn't. I was clearly eating too much b/c the next time I tried STS I was on weight watchers and was able to lose weight (albeit slowly) on the program!

It's so interesting that you say that because I was actually on Weight Watchers and stopped because I was worried I wasn't eating enough.. I've been trying to eat around 1500 calories a day, but am usually closer to 1300-1400. I figured WW had me at around 1200. I really don't want to quit this program because I want the challenge, but not if I continue to gain weight.

BTW, Wendy I just want to thank you... Every time I post a question you are always so sweet in replying. I always appreciate your feedback and the time you take to respond.

Katie

Awww thanks Katie. So sweet of you to say that! I love to help in any way I can. :)

I guess it's trial and error. If one way doesn't work try another! Try eating more. Trying eating less. Try tweaking the program! When I did Insanity I added some weight work. I just couldn't bear to give it up completely. Not sure if it would make a difference with the issue you are having but you could give it a shot anyway!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.