Help with step

Jannd

Hi Everyone! I am new to Cathe but really want to try her workouts. However, while looking for a step it seems that they all have a weight limit of 200 pounds. I am over that weight. Does anyone know of any steps that can hold a heavier person? Thanks for any help ;-)

Jannd

I did some checking around and it seems like all the steps have a weight limit of 200 lbs. However, I think that this number is put on for liability reasons. Like the company wants to avoid any possibility of litigation by putting a lower weight than the equipment can actually handle. I'm very confident that the regular club step could handle more weight. I used to work out at a club and saw lots of larger men and women taking step classes without any negative consequences.

I'm pretty sure that some of women and men here exceed that weight on a routine basis. When combining their own body weight + the weight of the bar or dumbells they're using, it could go over 200 lbs.

If it were me, I would purchase the original club Step and start out with just the platform on the floor for step workouts and use the risers with it when using the step as a bench for weight work. However, that's what I would do. You have to be comfortable with whatever decision you make.

Welcome!

I second the original health club step - I have had periods over 200 and it is no problem at all. Besides I think it is the most versitile and the perfect size for a weight bench.

Go to Wal-Mart.com They sale 2 separate versions of the step. The one for $77 comes with a dvd and has a limit of 200lbs. They have another version that is called The Original Step Bench System. It has a limit of 300lbs. This is for $58. It's the same step, but this one is imported, holds up to 300 lbs, and does not come with a dvd. That is the difference between the two. I am suppose to receive mine this Fri.
.:)

Tia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.