Help! Squat rack or plyo?

murfmom

Cathlete
Help me decide! I'm currently in the middle of Meso 2 (6 month). I have a squat rack and love lifting heavy, but I'd also like to do plyos, because of everyone's positive comments here. If everything goes according to plan, I'll be doing my first 5K a week after finishing Meso 3. I'm doing STS M/W/F and running T/R/S. Which would be better to help my running ability, while strengthening and slimming my legs? I'd love advice from you experienced Cathletes! Thanks.

Hello,

Running plus plyo on top would be too much cardio and you could miss out from lack of strenghtning lifting session. Both plyo and running can slim down/lean your legs.

squat rack after running if you are running and lifting the same day.

All the best,

Thanks Nathalie! I was already leaning toward squat rack, but you've convinced me. I really appreciate your knowledgeable comments. You're always so helpful and encouraging to everyone here.

Thanks Nathalie! I was already leaning toward squat rack, but you've convinced me. I really appreciate your knowledgeable comments. You're always so helpful and encouraging to everyone here.

Agree--Nathalie is sweet and gives helpful advice. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.