Help!!! Sprained ankle, but want to still "do you". :-)

niecie2k

Cathe,
1 1/2 weeks ago, I badly sprained my ankle doing Drillmax and I'm just now slowly getting back to doing very low impact workouts. Since I do your workouts almost exclusively, can you please tell me which of them are MOST adaptable to low impact moves? In your step jump and pump, you do a section of "low impact" at the end which I love, but I need more like that. The rest of that particular workout is very high impact. Your LowMax & L.I.C. are getting me by, but are there any of your other workouts you can recommend until I am fully healed??? If not, then I know a lot of your workouts can be easily adjusted for lower impact moves. Which are the best ones for that???? Please answer me ASAP as I'm soon going to wear out the two I'm doing.

Denise

([email protected])

RE: Help!!! Sprained ankle, but want to still

Hi Denise! I'm so sorry to hear about your sprained ankle. You sound so dedicated and there is nothing more disappointing then experiencing a set back when you LOVE to workout. It is clear that you want to continue to work out even though your ankle is still recovering, but in all honesty I do not recommend that. You really run the risk of making things worse and in the end lengthing your recovery time.

I recommend all upper body and core workouts seated (as to not put unnecessary weight on your foot) for the next week or two. You should also stretch as well as ice/compress/elevate your ankle a few times a day along with an anti-inflammatory medication. Ask your doc about biking. Depending on how bad of a sprain, you may be able to begin low resistance biking, but please ask first. Also, ask when you can safely resume weight bearing activities (both cardio and strenth training).

I feel for you, really I do!!!! But I know many people who are plagued by cranky ongoing aches and pains in their joints as a result of rushing back from an injury before they were fully healed. I hate to see you go through that.

Take care of yourself!
((((HUGS))))

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.