HELP!!! Please!

ladubose

Cathlete
I wanted to run something past you guys...

At the end of March and beginning of April I will be on vacation for my girls spring break. My dilemma is how to fit this into the rotation. I am due for a rest week the March 7th. If I do take the rest week as scheduled and the two week vacation that would be three weeks in a month of not lifting which I don't think would be good. So I am thinking of not taking the rest then and moving straight into Meso Cycle 2.Then I would have 3 weeks of Meso Cycle 2 and then take a two week active rest week in the middle of that cycle, from March 27th until April 10th. What do you guys think?

I did read on some forums that people really felt like they needed their break between 1 & 2 and that Meso Cycle 2 was pretty tough....so any ideas would be helpful in me thinking this through..

Let me give you some more information on the trip to see if that helps make a decision. The first week is a skiing trip so I will be very active and my legs will be getting killer workouts, but no upper body. The 2nd week I am going to Atlanta to see my in-laws. They have a little workout room with an elliptical and my mother-in-law has Turbo Jam so I can do that as a light workout. She only has 3 lbs DB so it would be very easy going. I do have Travel Fit so I can try that out then. I can also bring the MMA workouts,Kick Max for cardio plus I could always run. So my main concern is losing the muscle from STS .

I am still leaning on going straight into Meso Cycle #2 though....but really I want to get the best possible results from this so will see what people think...

IMO, I would take the break at the recommended time. I didn't really give myself a rest between Meso 1 & 2; I wasn't lifting weights during my active recovery week but I was doing killer cardio. After day 1 of Meso 2, I regretted it and needed to schedule a rest week when I should have been working out. Meso 2 is very intense and I think if you do it back-to-back with Meso 1, it will just hurt you in the end.

Since your vaca sounds pretty active, I would add in some upper body-weighted exercises like pushups, dips, and throw in the travel fit too. Then when you get back, you can jump back into the STS program where you left off. The body-weighted exercises won't be as intense as STS obviously but you're still using/conditioning your muscles so it's something. That's what I would do if it were me.

HTH!!

I would skip the off week and go into Meso 2. It didn't seem to bother me too much. I have had to do that before (I'm on my fourth round of STS)
What I would suggest is taking bands with you so you can do upper body when you have time. Anything will help. As suggested by the previous person, push ups, dips would be great. If you ordered STS Cardio, it came with a travel DVD just for a time such as this.
Good luck and hope you have a wonderful vacation.

In my opinion, I would take the break between 1&2 and just do Meso 2 until your vacation. That's exactly what I'm doing. I have two weeks of Meso 2 then going on a cruise for a week. I plan on picking up where I left off! (We'll see how that goes!). Just keep toning up and you'll be fine when you get back.

Of course, you'll do what you feel like!!!:eek:

Thanks everyone! It does sound like Meso Cycle 2 is pretty intense! I still haven't decided....I guess I will wait and see how I am feeling after Meso Cycle 1...one thought I had was to repeat Meso Cycle one until my vacation take the break and then start Meso cycle 2.....I have to admit that I would hate to have to re-enter all the dvd's....UGH:confused:

... So I am thinking of not taking the rest then and moving straight into Meso Cycle 2.Then I would have 3 weeks of Meso Cycle 2 and then take a two week active rest week in the middle of that cycle, from March 27th until April 10th. What do you guys think?...
Really good question, Laura! I hope both you and Cheryl will post what you decided to do and how it worked for you. I'm going to have a similar issue with my scheduled rotation, too. Would also love to hear more comments from others who may have already dealt with this issue. Again, I'm really glad you brought this up! -Kelly

Catmuse: I have decided to continue Meso Cycle 1 up to my vacation, take one active rest week, skiing with family, and one week with doing travel fit and my in-laws turbo jam with light weights + cardio mostly MMA and Kickboxing DVD's. I will let you know how that works out for me. I am deciding on this mostly due to my body showing signs of the hard work, especially my shoulders and not wanting to muscle through to Meso Cycle 2 and have it back fire on me...

I would also still love more advice from others have done in similar situations, it must be a common situation....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.