Help me name my puppy

DixieGirl

Cathlete
It seems like it shouldn't be hard to find a name for our new puppy, but so far DH and I can't find one we agree on. I have a feeling the right name is out there and we just haven't stumbled on it. I would love some help from all you creative Cathletes!

Tracy

If its a girl dog Bella, Zoey, Gracie, Aurora
Boy dog: Marco, Hunter, Turner, Trapper, Bailey

Oops, should have mentioned...it's a girl! Those are cute! My friend's dog is Zoey so that one is probably out but I'll run the others by my hubs.
Thanks!

I would say go by coloring &/or personality. I have a shadow because of her coloring but ended being perfect for her because she always follows me like my shadow. We also have a bettyboop because she is black with a very distinctive white mark on her chest (I'm sure you can imagine what it looks like by her name). Then our last on is sunni because she has always been so "cheerful" and playful esp. in the morning when the sun comes up. Let us know what you come up with.

Thanks y'all! Those are some great (and funny :D) suggestions! She is an Irish Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. She's dark brown and black right now but will lighten to a cream/wheat color. I've looked at some Irish names since that's the breed's origin but no luck yet. Since she's a Wheaten I like the name Winnie but every time I mention that one my family laughs at me and my kids sing the Winnie the Pooh song :rolleyes:

Triscuit just came to my mind.......not sure why.......maybe because you said wheat and cream and I thought crackers!! Or maybe I'm hungry?!?!

Last edited:
How about Lulu or cream of wheat?:eek:

Joy?

Power to The Pup, pow-pow for short.

Noella, Ellie for short

Lovey? That's pretty good.

Kinsey?

Dahlia?

Spirit?

Pheona or Maeve

[ATP1010092.jpgTACH]3389[/ATTACH]I decided on my cat's name because of what she made me think of.She's tri colored tan,grey,and white so I thought of Peaches.

Being Irish myself, most of my goldens have had Irish names. Here are some suggestions:

Maeve
Fiona
Bridget (or Bridey)
Colleen (you can't go wrong w/that one)
Orla
Megan
Bronwen (Brownie is a good nickname)
Glynnis
Sinead (if she's a bit on the wild side!)
Siobhan
Erin
Niamh (I think I misspelled it but you pronounce it Neev)

Your baby sounds sweet. Best wishes during the first few puppy madness months!!

What are your interests? Favorite book characters? Musicians? Go with that.

We current have Vlad the dog and Cersei and Apollymi the cats, all from books.

Previous pets were Spyro the dog (video game) and Merlin the cat. And Cake, Hulk, and Camo the hermit crabs.

When I was a kid, we had Chocolate the dog (he was tan, not brown, more of a caramel color, but I named him), Ralph the wonder dog, and Baron, my brother's dog.

My next pet will be Bombastus von Hohenhein, because I read it in a book and it's awesome.

Sooooo....
A wheaten terrier
Kellogg? Like mini wheats?
Limerick? They're Irish
Mead? Yum! The color's about right, not the right color for Guinness
Toddy? Again, with the drinking
Cordelia? The blond witch from American Horror Story, it seems to fit
Rowan? She's the lady from the Witching Hour by Anne Rice, I think it's an Irish name
Latte? mmmm.....coffee!!! Goes with the color.
Lottie? from Little Lotte from Phantom of the Opera, but sounds like Latte, sort of.
Jaenelle? too long, but one of my favorite book characters from The Black Jewels Trilogy
Surreal? Same book series, but she's an assassin. Also a prostitute, so you may want to stay away from that one.
Princess Peach? From the video games
Ladvarian? Dark Jewels again. She's a dog. A Sheltie, I believe.
Morghann? same book. She's a witch and queen. Sounds Irish
Morgana? From King Arthur.
Guinevere? King Arthur again, but sounds kinda snooty for a dog.

That's all I've got for now.

Nan

I think "Madra" is the Irish word for dog? "Maidrin" means little puppy....."Milish" means sweetie...."Keeva" means gentle and precious.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.