Help me cleanup my diet

I so understand. I have the same issue. So I am. On the hunt a lot for good substitutes

I just found this one today and it is soooo good!

2 smashed bananas
1 cup oatmeal (uncooked)
1/4 c dark choc chips
Dash salt. ( optional)

Mix together well. Drop by spoonfuls on to sprayed (Pam) cookie sheet. I also flattened them a bit. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 et voila! They are really good!

I think I will also experiment adding nuts or raisins too.

Also, for crunch I find that a handful of almonds will do the trick for my munchies or a cut up apple will satisfy my crunch needs!

I almost forgot. For crunchiness...baked corn tortillas cut into triangles, sprayed with Pam. And
Lighted salted it great too...you just bake them at 375 until they are lightly golden.
Best wishes
Tralaiven, which oats do you use - quick or old fashioned?

For chips, popcorn is doing the trick for me. I love chips.. they are like one of my binge foods, ha. I get the kernels and either pop them in a paper bag in the microwave or you can get an air popper for like $20 bucks, which more than pays for itself since popcorn kernels are pretty cheap... even if you get the organic kinds.

I also use Kernel Seasons popcorn seasoning (and a few spritz of PAM to get the stuff to stick)... seriously the best stuff...dieter's dream.. they have alot of flavors to try out, even sour cream & onion, BBQ, pizza, bacon cheddar, ranch, white cheddar... even chocolate... ok so you can almost never get bored of popcorn.

For sweetness, I also do the banana ice cream. Or even a slightly frozen protein shake. I also discovered LorAnn candy oils... they really aren't oils though, they are like flavoring extracts and come in a bunch of flavors and just a few drops are needed to flavor a protein shake or banana icecream.. I find they are much better and not as fake/too sweet tasting as Torani or Da Vinci syrup.

For chocolate I get the dark chocolate bars and melt a couple of squares in the microwave and then put in some strawberries, or raspberries... Yes, I got that tip from Valerie Waters if anyone recognizes it, haha. Or I just have a protein bar.

All this probably sounds unclean and still alot of processed foods. They are lower calorie options though. I'm finding for me if the rest of my diet is clean, then it's ok to have those fake food stuffs... and it's still a bit healthier than reaching for the pure junk food.

When its hot I love to freeze pieces of melon and grapes and putting them in a to go cup instead of stopping some where for a snack, its refreshing and no guilt.

I totally forgot about frozen grapes! I used to eat those all the time! Yummy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.