HELP!!! I'm choreographically challenged!

Okay, I have tried to do some of cathes more advanced choreography step videos but get so frustrated because I am basically wasting precious exercising minutes trying to get just one combo that I give up. It took me awhile before I had babies to even get stepfit (BUT I LOVED IT), but now with 2 kids under 3, the time I have for exercising is very short so please tell me which videos does cathe have that are intense cardio wise but don't require me to learn lots of step moves. I have all of her DVD's except some of the older ones so feel free to list away!
I'm thinking the high steps and Imax and boot camp probably don't feature too much choreography. But what do you think I should try.

I find it's much easier to get Cathe's choreography if you've 'grown up'with Cathe. That is, if you started with her earlier workouts, and learned new moves with each one.

But there are some less-complex workouts,like Interval Max and Imax2 (Imax3 has more complex, pivoty moves that aren't as well cued as earlier workouts).

The "Classics" DVD has 3 step workouts on that are more gradually cued, and contain some of the 'newer' moves for the first time.

I also suggest Cardio Hits... Its a DVd that has 3 of Cathe's earlier... I just bought that one and was laughing yesterday and today because had I started w/ those I would have been less likely to take 6 months to get all the steps in the newer one! They really are fun if you dont mind dated looks... personally i enjoy the oldies music (my generation) and love seeing Cathe in her younger years. Cardio Hits has Power Max, Step Fit, Step Works and ABs from PS Series

Something else that I have done in order to learn the footwork (especially on Low Max!) is to pause the DVD playback, then push your fast forward button until it's going about 1/2 speed. You can "walk" through the steps. As you learn them you can increase the speed until you are at regular speed.

Thanks for this link Amy. I tried Low Impact Step last week for the first time and I plan to do it again today. I don't think I blew it completely but there were a few times when I was ready to throw in the towel. This will surely help.

Tracey
"Where there's a will, there's a way."

Kathryn is right about the classics DVD. Ive had step max for years and think the footwork is very simple to learn. Plus it's a good workout. You can intensify it even more if you wish without missing the steps.

I am also choreographically challenged. One thing I find helps me, is watching the DVD's on my laptop while I'm relaxing. My kids think I'm crazy for watching workout videos instead of TV, but I can back-up and look at those moves I really need help with over and over, and it really does help when I try it again. I am fairly new to stepping to begin with, so I'm lucky I have the basics down. The rest I'm getting better at each time.

Iris

You may want to try Kick, Punch and Crunch and/or KickMax. No steps in sight and KPC in particular, is a great cardio workout. I prefer it worlds to any of the step workouts. I'm not "challenged," just impatient, and not interested in the time it takes to learn some of the more complex choreography. The kickboxing workouts also require less space. No tripping over the step if you're working in a confined area. Good luck!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.