Heavy rotation + resistance band workout ??

JumpHigher

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I know you're super busy. I'll re-post this later if you can't get to this now.

I'm planning a rotation for myself that includes hitting every body part heavy once during the week, and then hitting them once with a resistance band workout at the end of the week.

I can use either PUB or SH for the heavy days and I can do a mixture of the band work from the GS series and LIC for the resistance band work.

My main question: Will adding the resistance band work on a separate day be counter productive in any way?

I guess I'm trying to add muscle gain and sculpting in the same rotation. Is that possible?

My cardio will be 2-3 hours per week in smaller segments first thing in the morning. Strength training in the afternoon.

Thanks, Cathe.
:D

Marla

Sorry to hijack the thread, but..

Marla,
thats a great question, and what rotation are you doing? one you did your self? and just curious, why not use the weights from GS? instead of PUB (which is more endurance) Anyway, I'd be interested in seeing your rotation~ I like the idea!~ (I am going to do a heavy lifting rotation next month myself) And of course, interested in Cathe's response.

Deanie

Hi Deanie,

I just have a real affection for PUB. I always feel it the next day and my body likes it. I can go pretty heavy with PUB (and there are some mini rests) so I don't really put it in my personal category for endurance.

For muscle endurance I usually do workouts with more moderate weights and a million reps with absolutely no break for each body part. I go for a major muscle burn. I only rest in between body parts for muscle endurance workouts.

I haven't completely put together a specific rotation yet, but I am following the main structure of it. I'm hitting every body part heavy once a week, with an endurance-type workout thrown in once during the week. Also, I'm doing shorter segments of cardio most days, first thing in the morning. For instance, today was the Cardio Blast premix from Drill Max. :)

Edited to add: I also make sure I do Stretch Max #3 a few times a week, and 3-4 days of serious core work. I do this separately from my other workouts because my focus is zeroed in, rather than it being an after-thought of another workout.

Marla

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.