Heaviest weight for home gyms?

Hi Nathalie - not been able to find any yet in the UK! I have micro-load gloves (up to 1kg), but they're a pain to take on and off for short-rest workouts. I've been doing some research, and I may just buy some heavy magnets. My DBs are 4kg, 6kg, 8kg, 10kg (after that I use a short BB). I'd like a quick way of having DBs in between these weights.

Morning justine,

I purchased from a website. I preordered from a company. I had no choice cause even amazon.UK do run out of stock quickly.

I will send you the link of the British company and eventually you could call them. I did. Had no choice.

Have a good day.

Hi Nathalie - not been able to find any yet in the UK! I have micro-load gloves (up to 1kg), but they're a pain to take on and off for short-rest workouts. I've been doing some research, and I may just buy some heavy magnets. My DBs are 4kg, 6kg, 8kg, 10kg (after that I use a short BB). I'd like a quick way of having DBs in between these weights.

Here is the manufacturer website. All the best in purchase decision.

http://www.orbus-leisure.com/fitnes.../orbus-adjustable-selective-dumbbells-92.html

I have dumbbells up to 50 pounds, tons of plates for my barbell (about 200# worth), a squat rack and bench, weighted vest, kettlebells up to 50#. And lots more, but that's the heavy stuff.

You rock! You might be younger than me because you look so youthful, but I want to be you when I grow up! :D 50 lb dumbbells...Ay curumba! :eek: Wow, to be that strong! You've just set new goals for me, without even trying. My mom had a cow when I bought a 25 lb. dumbbell recently...She always remembers what our last move was like, with my eight zillion pieces of exercise equipment tthat he moving company wouldn't move for me (I know, illogical...) If I brought home a 50 lb, she might just kill me, LOL. But I told her in the event of an intruder, I'm ready. I'll just smash them in the head with my heaviest dumbbell- they don't stand a chance! And I also argue that my weights serve double-duty as doorstops when spring comes and we open the windows. Anyway, you are my new hero in the strength department!

My barbell goes to 110 pounds. I have dumbbells up to 25# and kettlebells that go from 10# to 53#. I have lots of weighted med balls. The heaviest is 30#. I also have 2 body bars - 15# and 24# and a 10# pound weighted vest. I also have a 22 pound sandbag and a steel bell that is 25#.

Hi Everyone,
I'm noticing I can increase the weight I'm using for Cathe's lifting DVD's. Then I see posts from people who use kettle bells over 100 pounds for leg work etc. I want to have effective workouts but don't really have that heavy a weight available in my home gym. Just curious how heavy those of you go in your home gyms.
Thanks!
Liz

I learned from Cathe the neat trick of adding a resistance (Dyna) band to my 18 lb. (body) bar, in order to increase the weight without adding plates. It also helps make the weights work both concentric and eccentric motions of each rep, although don't ask me to explain which one is which! I just know I feel it on the negative much more than with no band. I like the challenge it adds, and find it gives a nice muscle pump. I own a 9 lb. body bar for aerobic weight-training work and also as a balance aid during some exercises. I prefer body bars to barbells and plate weights, but that's just me...

I only own up to 25 lb. dumbbells. But I consider myself only intermediate, not advanced. I try to adjust my body and form so that the moves are challenging enough I must stick to the weights I have. (In other words, I choose the toughest stance for a lat row or French press, to make the work harder.) I actually need a heavier body bar, but if I buy one more "obvious" piece of exercise equipment, I'll never hear the end of it in my household. Hence, I'll buy some heavier resistance bands and stuff that will hide in plain sight more easily. ;) I'd love to buy a 24 lb. body bar and a 36 lb. one. I always want more equipment, Cathe workout DVDs, exercise clothes, athletic shoes...bad, very bad.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.