Heartrate ?

skl

I know Cathe is busy right now but maybe someof you can answer this question.

Cathe mentions cardio sessions of 60 minutes in some of her posts. Does that mean 60 minutes total with warm-up and cool down or 60 minutes with your heart elevated. I just feel like I would fall over if I went that long. Maybe I just need to build endurance. I don't know, please help Sharon

Hi Sharon!

Doing 60 minutes of cardio is simply a suggestion. What is of most importance is that you listen to your own body. If you feel like you would "fall over if you went that long", then interpret that as an alert sign. It is most likely your body's way of(or in this case, your inner voice) telling you that you are not yet ready for 60 minutes. Simply start slow. Do three non-consecutive sessions a week at about 20 minutes a session. If that feels too long too, then cut back to whatever you can handle. Each week, try to add three to five minutes onto your sessions. Slowly but surely you will build up your endurance to eventually handle 60 minutes. By the way, reaching 60 minutes is not an absolute goal. Its just a general goal. So again, listen to your body. Never push it to go beyond what it can physically handle. Good Luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.