Heart Rate Monitor

lorioiseau3

I would like a recommendation for a heart rate monitor that also calculates the number of calories burned during aerobic activity. Thank you!!! Lori

Hi Lori,

I have the Polar F6 heart rate monitor. I have had it for years and have only had to replace the battery twice. I am happy with its performance. HTH :) Be ready to be amazed by the number of calories you burn doing some of Cathe's workouts!

I have this one too and love it. It also tells you how long you've worked out, how long you were in the "zone," your average and maximum heart rate during the workout, plus the calories burned. I love glancing at it while I'm working out to see how high my heart rate is. I know if I need to tone it down or kick it up. It's a great, motivational tool.

I have a Polar F4 that I've had FOREVER (okay, it's been about 8 years or more). When this one dies (if ever) I'll get an F6.

I did replace the chest strap because it came with the old one that was sealed and you had to send it in to be replaced because you couldn't replace the battery yourself. But that isn't an issue with the chest straps now. I highly recommend Polar.

For Polar Owners

I haven't used my Polar (I think F6) in a year or so. I just checked and the battery is dead. The paperwork says to only used an authorized service center. For those of you who have replaced the batteries, where did you go?

Thanks!

Barbara

I haven't used my Polar (I think F6) in a year or so. I just checked and the battery is dead. The paperwork says to only used an authorized service center. For those of you who have replaced the batteries, where did you go?

Thanks!

Barbara

Hopefully someone will give you a correct answer, because I cheated. :eek: It voids the warranty to replace them yourself, but that's what I ended up doing--I couldn't stomach the cost to send it away. I just ordered the right batteries on "batterybob.com" and replaced them myself. It's really easy. I think there are even youtube videos on how to do it yourself.

Thanks!

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Yes, Polar says to use one of their authorized service dealers. You can find the different options on this website: Servicing Your Polar Product - Polar USA | Polar USA

I lived in CA at the time, so when my battery died I mailed my strap + wrist band to the watch place in Los Angeles. I was still in the warranty period but I don't remember if that made a difference for the price.

Or, you could just be creative like Elsie! (I'm totally inept at these things so it was easier for me to ship off my stuff for repair.)

I purchased the Polar FT60 in February and I am very pleased with it. I agree that a HRM is an excellent motivational tool. Love it! :)

Does anyone use a heart rate monitor with an arm strap instead of a chest strap? What brand can you recommend that gives an accurate calorie count? Everyone here gives such good advice!

When my battery ran out, I tried finding one at Walmart - they didnt have the right one. So, I went to Amazon and got a few mailed for a few bucks. Gotta love Amazon! Not hard to change a battery...:rolleyes:

I go crazy without one

Both my Polar FT40's broke, and I have the FT70 now which works well. It told me I burned 700 calories yesterday. I am a nervous nelly, and I have to know what my heart rate is.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.