He Thinks I am Too Tall

RE: Napoleon syndrome

I also don't see it as an insult unless like Kathryn said there was a tone in his voice. He might want to see what is going on in front of him as well. I'm 6'1" and whenever someone behind me moves so the person can see what's going on in front of me, I don't care unless the person did it rudely then I'd quietly say something as he or she walks by.

Frankly, there's nothing to be ashamed of being tall. Once in a while, I do get insecure about my height but most of the time I'm very proud to be tall. I just hate those stupid questions like "Do you play basketball?" Be proud of your height. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. Take it from one tall person to another. :)

Lisa

Madonna-I totally understand why it made you feel uncomfortable. It's not actually what he said but how he acted and the tone. Along with the attitude and the moving to another spot, I would have felt awkward too.

Personally, I wouldn't say a word. I would just chalk him up as a member of the KDOW society,(Knuckle Draggers of the World), and move on. You sound beautiful so don't let him undermine your confidence.

Being 5' tall, I can't really feel for you. ( I think I would love being tall.) I once heard this comedian complaining that everyone asks tall women if they play basketball. The tall person's response to the short person was, "Do you play miniature golf?".

Don't be insulted; I am sure it was not meant that way.

Kathryn,
If he were making fun of himself, he would have mentioned sitting behind the tallest PERSON, not the tallest woman. What does her gender have to do with his line of vision? Nope, I'm sorry, this guy is an insecure idiot. He should have just moved and kept his mouth shut.
-Nancy

>I once heard this comedian complaining that
>everyone asks tall women if they play basketball. The tall
>person's response to the short person was, "Do you play
>miniature golf?".

Oh, I love it! If I were tall, I'd use it!
>

>YOu know what, maybe the guy was making fun of himself?

I thought the same exact thing...I just can't see the insult unless there was some kind of tone I'm missing.

Robin

>If he were making fun of himself, he would have mentioned
>sitting behind the tallest PERSON, not the tallest woman.
>What does her gender have to do with his line of vision?
>Nope, I'm sorry, this guy is an insecure idiot. He should
>have just moved and kept his mouth shut.

Hmm...I really didn't think about that. On second thought, I'm not sure what the heck was on his mind.

Robin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.