HB, EricaH, Conni & other Ohioans!!!

Hi Lorrie! Great, that date works for you! I was thinking we'd do a restaurant but just let me know what you all think. You will have to lug along your steps because I don't teach step and I have only two at home. (I also have two of the steps that Cathe used for weight work in a couple of the workouts. Forget the name right now?) They could be used with just the platform. We are up to 10 interested in coming so not sure we could shop with that many??? What do you think? There is a very good Amish Resturant near the church where we would workout called the Hartville Kitchen. My only thought about all this is that there are quite a few of you that will be traveling quite a distance to come to MY area sooo please give me honest feedback. After we eat, we could always come back to my place for dessert! :7 Okay, any other ideas you prefer?
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Low Max I can do!! No problem bringing my step. I also have a Firm Transfirmer and it has two pieces - 8 inches and 6, if anyone wants me to bring it so they don't have to bring a step if that's a problem. The pieces are a bit shorter than the Club step but it still works for Cathe's step workouts. In fact, I've used the 6 inch piece for step and because the surface is more pliable this works very well for my knees. I can also bring my Club step risers too in case anyone needs to use them.

As far as food either way is fine with me. I can bring something or if you'd all prefer to go out I'll eat almost anything!!

Carol
:)

We can include a belated Happy Birthday!

HB just had a birthday sooo since she is coming, I have a Hi/Lo routine made just for her put to the music "SugarPie, Honeybunch". It is very simple to follow. Of course, we need to make sure this is okay with the honoree...HB??? You in?
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I'm in Clark County Ohio. Closer to Dayton and Cincinnati. Only thing I would be worried about is the weather. Not so good of a driver in bad weather and I don't like to drive real far.

Is there anyone else in Clark or Montgomery county that could maybe go with.

Valerie

RE: We can include a belated Happy Birthday!

Sounds wonderful to me - I LOVE the Hartville Kitchen, and the rest of you will, too. It's really great grub, and very reasonably priced. Their service organization is a sight to behold in itself - the most organized wait staff of any restaurant I've ever seen.
Just Do It! :)

Valerie!

I am not fond of winter driving either! Let's hope & pray we have decent weather. I am not sure of others from the Cincy area. HB, is Aimee from Columbus? Wondering if she'd want to join us and maybe Valerie could meet up with her part way? Let me see if I can get a hold of Aimee and I'll get back to you Valerie.

RE: We can include a belated Happy Birthday!

I agree...the best food in town and great service. Their prices have gone up lately but hey, we can work hard before hand to earn it. We might want to bring our hair dryers to the church to dry oursleves off. :7

RE: Valerie!

Hi Debbie,

I got your PM. I would love to come but I will have to let you know for sure later on. DH and I have some family things going on in early February (his sister in LA will be visiting) and I don't have the exact dates yet. If I come, I'd be happy to be part of a carpool arrangement.

Michele

This one could work! I could go for a good Lowmax with friends!. I haven't been to the Hartville Kitchen in years! ( Since the flea market was really a "flea" market!) I would just need to see about getting someone to watch my son, as my DH works on weekends. I am getting excited just thinking about it!

Michele~Hope you can work it out even if it's just for an hour or two. Conni~FINALLY, I think we get to meet! :7 The church is just a minute up the road from the Hartville Kitchen. We are up to eleven gals at this point. Should be a FUN time! I will keep everyone posted as it gets closer. Any other Ohioans want to join in?

Miss Debbie H is the queen of modesty, and she would NEVER entertain the thought of teaching us a HiLo class of her own material, but I'm going to suggest it, and encourage ALL of you to urge her to do it for our gathering. She does some really fun stuff, and you all would love it, I'm sure. And Deb, you don't have to create anything original just for this gathering - pull out your own favorites to lay on us.

What about it, gals? Want to beg Deb H to teach us one of her killer HiLo classes?!!!

OH YES PLEASE!!!! I would love to learn and do it Mama Deb! Hey we're Catheites - never one to turn away a good tough workout! We'll be all sweaty anyway if we're doing low max.

Lorrie

Are you referring to the Hartville Kitchen at 1015 Edison St. NW in Hartville, OH? :p I looked it up on the internet. It looks like a neat place! I live in Mansfield just a stone's throw from Interstates 71 and 30 if anyone coming from the south wants to carpool part of the way with me.

I'm in as long as the weathe cooperates. How far is this from Cleveland? I have friend in Cleveland that maybe I could visit while I'm there.

Valerie

Hi Everyone! Thanks HB for the compliment. Okay, if you are sure...I'll be glad to teach some Hi/Lo routines! That would be fun. We'll be dying after Lowmax so you guys decide...Hi/Lo before or after? Yes, Cleveland is about an hour from here and yes, the Hartville Kitchen is on Edison St. What did we do before the Internet? Ha! :7 Actually, I still get lost even if I have a map! This is going to be a blast. I can't wait!

I vote your YOUR HiLo, and that way no steps or TV would be required. Let us ALL experience your HiLo classes!

I'm with Honeybunch on this one! Debbie's hi/lo so there won't have to be steps and a TV. That's a great idea!!

Carol
:)

Hmmm, I may be getting outvoted here on step! ;-) My only concern is everyone being able to follow as some of my routines are not super simple choreo. I could dig thru I guess & find some of the easier ones to follow. Or, we could do half step and half Hi/Lo. We could also do some strength work (low weight/high reps) using handhelds and bodybars which I have at class. How about we take a count when we determine who all is coming for sure as it gets closer? Thanks for your confidence in me. You sure you want to take that chance??? Just so we survive to go eat! :7

I guess I'm rather masochistic - but I vote both! I love the idea of low max followed by a few segments of Debbie's hi/lo. We're not going to get together that often, so let's go for it! (I'm sure that won't get a lot of votes - LOL)

Lorrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.