Have you guys seen this new stability ball?

Hmm, interesting. My first thought when reading about it was, doesn't that remove the "stability" factor out of a stability ball - which would make it less affective wouldn't it?

I couldn't get the video to work, either. But, I thought I'd share my thoughts and experiences with a new stability ball I bought. I think it's a Reebok, and it's got a little bit of sand in the bottom of it. It doesn't change the "stability" part of the ball, but it does make it so it stays put when you put it somewhere. This was a big problem I had with the stability ball - I had a hard enough time trying to balance on it for some of the moves, and then, when I tried to get on it, it rolled just out of reach! With just a little bit of sand in the ball, it stays put and it's easier to use.

I also had a problem because I couldn't find any balls that were less than 65 cm. I'm 5' 3", and this was just too high for me. This Reebok ball is 55 cm. and sometimes I think it's too small, but I can do the moves on the ball easier with it because I can physically manage it better.

Hey Laura, I found something on youtube a while back, but it doesn't really give you any indication on how this different from any other stability ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51f7CBwbvpU

I have the Rebook with stand in it that Evie mentioned because I got tired of my ball getting away from me. I love the extra stretch I get when using doing the standing stretches in ball segment of core max.

I got the video to work. I had to click on the DSL trainer on the right hand side a couple of times and then it finally loaded. Although I probably wouldn't get it anytime soon, the video showed lots of exercises that can be done on it without the ball rolling away from you. It actually looks quite nice. I hope you get the video working, it was really interesting.

How much does it cost?
I think you could just buy a sturdy stability ball (like the Dura Ball Pro) and put sand in it (though it would take a long time and be very boring trying to get it into the air hole (I'd fill a straw with sand and do it...well, *I* wouldn't really do it, because it would take a looong time, but that's how it could be done).

I have one of these. It does take some of the "wobbliness" out of the ball; it's still a less stable environment than, say, sitting on my high step, but it's more stable than a regular stability ball. I like using it for stretching more than for strength and balance work. I got mine at Marshall's for about ten dollars, but since it's less versatile than a regular ball I wouldn't say it's worth paying full price unless you like a little more stability. Hope that helps!

To me it looks like it's a stability ball that just stays in place. Couldnt you just stick a stablity ball in a step riser for a similar effect and not spend the $60?

>Just LOL at the thought of Kathryn using a straw to add sand
>to her stability ball.

I have time on my hands!;-)

The bosu is used for balancing. For example with the curved side down and the flat side up you do lunges with one foot on the bosu. Another exercise I've seen is push ups on the bosu up (again hands on the flat side). I've been trying to decide if it's worth the money. The cheapest one I've seen is $160 Cdn.

The web site says the ball isn't for sale yet so I wonder what it will cost? Double click on the DSL trainer on the right for the 8 minute video-they use multiple balls at a time for some exercises and do a lot of compound movements. Although I'm not sure what benefit it is for an average excerciser since it looks quite advanced like for elite atheletes like gymnasts maybe.
**Be sure and watch the one minute "ski team" video also! An aerialist does a flip and lands on the ball!
Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.