HATE YOGA, Chin Up Checkin

LMAO! Diane, do you know you're in the Chin Up thread? When I saw your name here I got totally confused for a second! :7

Netflix? Hmm. If you mean a Japanese version of Netflix, I don't think there is one. There are near no workout DVDs even on Amazon or Yahoo Japan. Yeah, it's a bummer.

But I like living on the edge and taking the chance! Remember when I didn't do step and I bought a kzillion step workouts and declared that I would force myself to love step, and I ended up loving step? (Okay, so I haven't tried like half the step DVDs that I bought LOL, but you get the idea :p )

I am going to force myself and Briee to love yoga! I'm determined!

:7

Briee, it's really easy to post a link to a thread. Here's what you do:

1. Minimize the post you're currently writing and open up Cathe.com in another window.
2. Do a search for the thread you're looking for.
3. Once you've found the thread, go to the upper right hand side of your screen to the URL (the http://address in a narrow horizontal box).
4. Highlight the address by right-clicking on it, then hit "copy."
5. Go back to the post you're writing by clicking on it at the bottom of your screen.
6. Right-click on the spot in your post where you want to post the link and hit "paste."

Give it a try!

Now, to more important matters: of course you should be a yoga instructor. The conversation you had with that woman is obviously a sign. Rocky's so excited, he got up from downward squirrel to do tree pose (another favorite).

Boybert, I forgot to comment on your astounding weightloads! How the heck can you do lat raises with 25# and slow-mo lunges with 40#??? And then you had to go and do 897 chin-ups! I'm sorry, but that's it as far as our conversations go. It's just too humiliating.:p :p

Catherine, so sorry to hear you have freezing issues. Can you imagine what a nightmare this is for Cathe and crew? I think some yogic-breathing is in order.

Michelle, here's a link to how the whole squirrel thing got started:
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...ic_id=71001&mesg_id=71001&listing_type=search

Read A-Jock's answer to the original poster and then my reply to her about how offended I was. The squirrel talk escalated from that point on, reached a high point, and now we only hear of squirrels occasionally. (If you do message searches for "Rocky", "Buckingham", or "Fiona", you'll have enough to read to keep you busy for a quite a while.)

One more thing: I did Drill Max! It wasn't as hard as I thought - easier than BC cardio and strength-wise, IMO, but that could be because it was my first time and I didn't feel familiar enough with it to give it my all. I also can't do divebomber or core push-ups so did straight-legged and knee push-ups there. Once I work up to those and the plank push-ups at the end, it will be more challenging. But don't get me wrong - it was definitely challeging!

I'm yapping way too much today. I need to do some work! Hi Melody, Joanne and HB!:)

Okay....I'm copying your instructions off... I did it I did it I did it I did it. I'm computer proficient. Hey if I can do that I can probably do yoga:7 :7 :7

Briee (that was a joke guys...don't get excited...just a joke!!;) )

So I go to print out your instructions and instead of just your instructions it's printing the entire Hate yoga, chin up checkin.
x( x( x( x( I am not computer proficient!!

Briee,

I'll be doing yoga today.:7 It is on my list of things to do. First I have to do my cardio and shower, then I have to truly clean the house, cause you know, you have to do that. By this time I need to make dinner, watch a movie, do the dishes....Oh I forgot to do my yoga.:eek: Well I'll do it tomorrow.;)

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

>There are other benefits....feel like a ball of goo.

>Now there's a worthy aspiration.

Touche, Briee! That made me burst out laughing!!! On another note, WTG on your new-found computer proficiency. To print out one post only instead of the entire thread, just click on "Printer-Friendly Copy" on the bottom right hand side of the post. See how much you learn by listening to me? In two years, after you've been teaching yoga at that club for a while, you'll pull up this thread and laugh at the futility of your resistance to yoga. I'm always right, you know. Just ask my husband.:) :p

Janie, your resistance is futile as well.

August, here's a link to a recent thread where I posted my yoga recommendations (although I think you said you read it already): http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=346154&mesg_id=346154&listing_type=search

Hey Catherine! Sounds like you're busy today!:)

Know what......I love to hate yoga. It's just plain fun!

Everybody needs something to hate. The Cardiohaters find such joy in hating cardio! It's good to be joyful!!!! I used to fight them on this point....tell them to repeat "I love cardio, I love cardio" but I stopped and saw the light.

Michelle...just for the record. I had a REAL squirrel named Buckingham. I raised him as a young squirrelette and he used to sleep at my feet under the covers when I worked at camp (20 some years ago). Squirrel fitness is really big down south, but is rising in popularity up here in the cold cold north as well. If you really want to be in with the IN crowd....get a squirrel. They make for wonderful conversation(at least here on the forum).

Briee

Nope....Buckingham is a 13 stripe ground squirrel. He stands about 7" at most.....but this looks suspiciously like a certain female squirrel we all know...are ya sure he's not a she...kinda hard to tell from that angle you know. Rocky would know. And if it indeed is....she's wanted for a LOT more than 17 counts of larceny!!!

Briee (that is too cute Michele)

Hardcore Fitness Superhero Maniacs and Bionic Check In ...

Wow...what an impressive title!! I think we're loosin it.

Briee

Reporting back ladies. You guys are toooooo funny!!!

I had an awesome workout this evening!!! I did pyramid up legs(except I don't pyramid, I just do as heavy as I can- which ain't much these days) with chins. I did 25 total. But this time I did all sets of 3s and 2s except for 2 sets of singles!!! Feeling stronger on these. Then I did LIC cardio blast only. Loved it, but of course was fumbling around unfamiliar with the routines.

Anyone else chinnin?????

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

Catherine...you are doing SO AWESOME!! You're our number one chinner!!!! I've completely whimped out lately. Will get back after tomorrow nights class with the girls and TaeKwonDo!! Promise.

Briee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.