Has anyone gotten eyeliner tattoo?

LauraMax

Cathlete
The liner on my upper lid disappears within seconds thanks to my drooping eyelids (yes, there is surgery in my future, but not yet), plus I'm tired of all the smudging & spotting. I'm seriously considering the liner tattoo, but my mom had it done in the '90s & she said it hurt like hell & it didn't last.

I'm hoping it's improved over the last 20 years & would love to hear about others' experience w/it before I spend the money & endure the pain...........

I had it done. It disappeared. I was told u have to do it again after a week to make it last... no thanks it did hurt. It wasnt as bad as u think at first but she kept going over it over n over. I thunk it would have been fine if she didnt have to do it over n over. I have dropy eyelids to. I wish i had the money id get some taken off.
Y dropy eyes make me look tired even when im not. But i have a mouth that drops to! Double tired look.i dont have wrinkles except the corner of mouth where it drops. Makes me look older i think. People think im sad when im not! Hate it.

Hi,

Laura, No experience with eyeliner tattoo or anyother but it seems like it hasn't improved since your Mom had it done. Maybe save the money for that "future" surgery and you may be surprised that it helps the eyeliner issue.

Renee, I have the same problem, people always asking me "what's wrong" when nothing is wrong. Unless I have a full smile on my face, I look sad or even angry. :(

My mom had it done 3, maybe 4 years ago and it has worked out wonderful for her. A lot of it depends on who is doing it perhaps? It didn't hurt much according to her (who does not handle pain well) and she couldn't be happier with it.

Wow may be it is depending on whos doing it. It was not hurtful at first but after so many pokes it got sore!

And yes exactly i look sad or mad. Or tired it can b 10 in morning an someone will ask if im tired! Really? Lol. I wonder what i can do for dropy mouth? Lol

LauraMax said:
The liner on my upper lid disappears within seconds thanks to my drooping eyelids (yes, there is surgery in my future, but not yet), plus I'm tired of all the smudging & spotting. I'm seriously considering the liner tattoo, but my mom had it done in the '90s & she said it hurt like hell & it didn't last.

I'm hoping it's improved over the last 20 years & would love to hear about others' experience w/it before I spend the money & endure the pain...........

Try Urban Decay's 24/7 liners. They set in 60 seconds and then do not budge until you use make up remover to get it off. Sephora sells them (and will refund your money if you don't like them).

My mom had it done 3, maybe 4 years ago and it has worked out wonderful for her. A lot of it depends on who is doing it perhaps? It didn't hurt much according to her (who does not handle pain well) and she couldn't be happier with it.

Well, I have decided to go for it. My appt is this Thurs afternoon & I'm very excited about it. The way it works is, she'll do the first application Thurs, then I need to go back 6-8 weeks after for a touch up. That's it for at least 2 years. It will be so nice to not have to mess w/this crap anymore! :D

Sadie, can you do me a favor? Can you ask your mom if she tipped? This is being done at a dermotologist's office, plus it costs $500. OTOH, she's an aesthetician & I know people tip for most aesthetic services. I feel like I shouldn't have to, but I don't want to not & then have her turn me into Cleopatra on purpose. ;)

Good luck LauraMax - please let us know how it goes...

I have had a few procedures done at my derm's office, but never felt that tipping would have been encouraged by the staff. Maybe you could just call anonymously and inquire ahead of time?

Thank you Juice! Going today. Excited! :D

I've asked around & gotten mixed responses re. the tip, so I'm just gonna leave 10% for my own piece of mind. I suspect b/c it's a doc's office & b/c of the cost of the procedure most probably do not tip, but I figured I'd split the difference just in case. ;)

Try Urban Decay's 24/7 liners. They set in 60 seconds and then do not budge until you use make up remover to get it off. Sephora sells them (and will refund your money if you don't like them).

I second this!
I love urban decay liner.:) I have droopy lids too.

Oh believe me, I've tried all liners. If you do a search you'll see I actually posted a request for some recs a few years ago when my lids first started drooping. The liquid is actually pretty good, but my hand isn't steady enough, plus what do you do while it dries? You have to kind of sit there w/your eyes closed otherwise it ends up all over the place............:eek:

Laura, Saks make-up counter taught me how to use liquid liner. I do not have a steady hand either.
First use pencil, then dark brown powder applied with angled brush like this-
By Terry Eye Angled Eyeliner Brush | The Non-Blonde, then top with liquid. I don't do this everyday because I'm too lazy, so I use urban decay pencil.
I use the process for evening smokey eyes. :)

BTW, Saks make-up counter is an excellent resource for face-lift docs. :D

I'm on week two of Latisse!!!!
My extensions are falling off and I'm not happy what they did to my poor eyelashes. They really do break your real lashes. :mad:

I think I already have that brush LOL. Or it might be a MAC brush. Same thing though. I think after the tattoo I might be able to play around a little more w/eye makeup & colors.

I'm glad you're off the extensions. The Latisse will help a lot, believe me. And you can always go for falsies while your lashes grow back (again, while I love the falsies, I have that steady hand problem...........).

I'm using heavy eyeliner to off set my short eyelashes right now.:( Thankfully, there are no special events for me until August, so I can live with it.
I saw my Gyn yesterday, and she uses Latisse.:) Her eyelashes were so long!!:eek:
I love that my women's health center offers botox, facials, and sells latisse.:)It's cheaper from the website you gave me, and I like that is auto ship.:cool:.

I would love to hear how you like it. I have an eyelid/eyelash condition and haven't been able to wear ANY eye makeup for 2 years, which drives me crazy...! I've lost a ton of eyelashes, so I'm definitely going to try the Latisse...that would help!

Thank you Juice! Going today. Excited! :D

I've asked around & gotten mixed responses re. the tip, so I'm just gonna leave 10% for my own piece of mind. I suspect b/c it's a doc's office & b/c of the cost of the procedure most probably do not tip, but I figured I'd split the difference just in case. ;)

I'm anxious to hear what you think of it, Laura. I had it done approx 15 years ago. I've never needed a touch up. In fact, I had another aesthetician take some of the color OUT of my liner b/c the girl who did it initially went a little too heavy, and she brought it out all the way to the corners of my eyes, which she shouldn't have done. I love having the liner though! People are always surprised when I mention that I have it. It's not so bold that they notice. Hope you are pleased with your treatment! :)

OK, here's my update. It's been about 1.5 weeks since I've had it done & I'm happy but not thrilled. First off, holy mother of god did that hurt! It did take about 2 hours. I can't say it's as painful as the laser treatments I've had, but it was extremely uncomfortable & went on for a loooooooooong time.

It looked great when I left. It was dark & dramatic. I followed the instructions w/the sterile petroleum but a good deal of it flaked off & it's faded quite a bit since. I'm scheduled to go back for a touch up on Aug 2, but I might go sooner b/c I don't want it to completely disappear & have to go through it all over again.

Don't get me wrong--I still have an eyeliner tattoo. It's just not as dark & dramatic as I'd hoped.

Ugh, I can't even imagine how much that hurt .... probably on par of when I used to get my underarms waxed .... eeee yow!

I'm still not ruling it out - I would kill to have SOMETHING that looked like makeup in my eye area that doesn't make my eyes react and make me look strung out or something. Thanks for the update and I hope the 2nd time is faster!

Mine disappeared. I could taken then discomfort if it didnt taken so long ¡ But it took along time with me ask well. I wish I cant just get eyelids reduced lol.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.