Has anyone done p90x with bands?

adygruner

Cathlete
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has done p90x with bands and if so what kind of results did you get? How did this type of training compare to weights? Just curious....

Ady

I use dumbbells but my brother has used bands with great results! He does use the pullup bar for the pullups but the bands for the other exercises. You'll still get a great workout & there is always someone showing you how to use the bands. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about P90X!

I would recommend purchasing a pullup bar...I used weights for everything but the pullups/chinups. For sure, the bands did not give me as tough of a workout. I later bought the Door Gym from Amazon, which can be put up in the door frame and taken down in seconds. It's safe and secure and won't harm your molding (just check that your door frame meets the requirements). It was also cheaper (and faster) than ordering through Beachbody.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

I did a round of the X with weights and got awesome results.

I started doing a 2nd round with bands which I ended up cutting short, for reasons which are not important here, and was enjoying it but found the bands I had did not work for all of the exercises because they were not made specifically for the BB work outs. I bought them cheap cause I wasn't sure if I'd like band work. I now have a small set of BB bands and will be completing my collection in the months to come. I have no doubt that the results will be awesome with the bands as well!:)

Yep, I agree w/ the pullup bar. You'll see a lot better results just doing the negatives (using a chair to get over the bar & then slowly lowering back down). And you can order it from my (or Wendy's!) websites, it's milliondollarbody which is a part of BB but much better customer service & faster shipping. ;-)

Hello there. I have a technical question concerning the bands. I ordered the bands from the P90x website, and they came with different handles than the ones used in the workout videos. And, call me an idiot, but I cannot get the handles on the bands. The handles have a block-like end with a whole through the middle, but the hole is not big enough to get the end of the band through it. There were no instructions sent with in the box, and I am unable to use the bands until I can attach the handles to the bands. Is there anyone out there who could help? Thanks in advance for your help. -FJL Man.

Cathy,

Which pull-up bar did you purchase on Amazon? Just curious to see the difference $15 could have made. I bought the pull-up bar from Beachbody when I ordered the X. I do like the padding for different width pull-ups and chin-ups though. I didn't mount it into the door frame. We have a circa 170 year old farm house with solid wood moulding. My bar sits nicely on the moulding and there is padding on the sides of the bar which sit against the side door mouldings.

I'm doing P90X now and using bands for the pullup/chinup options. I'm using weights for the rest of it. I bought the band at Modell's - came with the handles already attached. At some point, I hope to get a pullup bar, but I'm not in any hurry about that. Cathe also suggested she may have a pullup bar as part of her equipment series, to go with STS (still not decided), so I may wait for that. However, I may start to investigate a bar soon, as the bands have a limited potential for growth, I think. Depends on my door and the bars available.

Hello there. I have a technical question concerning the bands. I ordered the bands from the P90x website, and they came with different handles than the ones used in the workout videos. And, call me an idiot, but I cannot get the handles on the bands. The handles have a block-like end with a whole through the middle, but the hole is not big enough to get the end of the band through it. There were no instructions sent with in the box, and I am unable to use the bands until I can attach the handles to the bands. Is there anyone out there who could help? Thanks in advance for your help. -FJL Man.

For mine, you just had to stretch them out a bit more and slide it into the handle & pull. Will that work??

I'll try stretching them out and hopefully I can get them "skinny" enough to attach them. Thanks for the reply and the assistance.

No prob. I remember having to put my Mom's together for her because she had trouble with it. Just give them a stretch & they should attach to the handle! Good luck w/ P90X!

I am currently doing P90 Phase 2, and I use bands instead of a chin-up bar. My workout room really had no place easily accessible to use a chin-up bar. So far I am seeing some pretty good results. I am noticing more toning in my back area than I have ever seen. Not much back flab left at all, so I would say they definitely work. I make sure I pause at the end of each move to really work the muscles, and so far I don't regret that I didn't go the chin-up bar route.

Good for you, Iris!! I've seen more changes in my back from pullups/ chinups than any other back work previously. Glad that you're seeing success with the bands too!

I bought the Creative Fitness Door Gym.

>Cathy,
>
>Which pull-up bar did you purchase on Amazon? Just curious to
>see the difference $15 could have made. I bought the pull-up
>bar from Beachbody when I ordered the X. I do like the padding
>for different width pull-ups and chin-ups though. I didn't
>mount it into the door frame. We have a circa 170 year old
>farm house with solid wood moulding. My bar sits nicely on the
>moulding and there is padding on the sides of the bar which
>sit against the side door mouldings.
>
>

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.