Harry Potter Deathly Hallows 2... awesome!!

pjlippert

Cathlete
So, my 8 yo DS went to see the very last Harry P. movie this weekend. IMHO it is by far the BEST of the series! We love 3-D so that was the format. Sooo filled with action and energy! Pefect ending to the series.

He just started LaCrosse camp today and LOVES it! I told him it seemed a lot like Quiddich (sp?) minus the brooms & flying!:p

It's inspired him to begiin reading the series. Yeah JK Rowlling for your amazing imagination!

Pam

How exciting. My husband and I are planning on catching it at the matinee tomorrow (I am calling that the benefit of being a laid off MN state employee). I read the whole series and loved it. After seeing Deathly Hollows Part 1, DH looked at me and said if it was that dark he couldn't go see the last one. I assured him he would be happy in the end and he should see it, so we get to go on a Wednesday date.

Boy I hope the movie ends like the book or he is going to be very mad at me :eek:

We saw it yesterday too and I agree, what a fantastic movie! Alan Rickman especially (Snape) blew me away. The kids have grown into really, really good actors and I almost forgot I was watching a movie. Liked the 3D too, although I don't think it added that much to the movie - just a cool special effect.

Stebby

I'm happy to find a HP post in here. I'm a hardcore fan (have read the books dozens of times...in English, Spanish and French :D ) and love the movies to pieces. The Deathly Hallows part 2 was so amazing...after it was done, I went home and picked up the 7th book to read again (only read it once or twice a few years ago when it first came out)...and read all through last night to finish it...and then was too emotionally charged to sleep, lol.

I sometimes wonder if JK Rowling will ever publish anything else..she's a fantastic writer, and it was the Harry Potter books that made me want to become a writer. Unfortunately, I've kind of put that dream on the backburner since starting graduate school, but it's still something I long to do, something I think about every time I pick up one of those HP books.

Oh, it was SOOOOO good!!! I took my 9 year old to see it and was wary of it at first because I knew it would be very violent. But I had promised him he could see all of the movies if he read the books, and he has, so I had to make good on that promise! I thought it was sweet that near the end, my DS said, "Mommy, here's the final chapter." And he was super excited they included the epilogue. It was violent, but that aside, it was sooo sooo good. I even cried a little bit because it was the last of the series. :(

As for the 3D... I was afraid it would be obnoxious. I'm not a huge 3D fan, but I loved how it added to the film. It was like you were in the same room with the characters. It added depth. Loved it!!!

ok...I am going against the grain here....but I have not read one HP book or seen a single movie...simply not interested,,,, maybe even a little repelled...just personal preference and I am not HATER :D so don't hate me!:rolleyes:

How exciting. My husband and I are planning on catching it at the matinee tomorrow (I am calling that the benefit of being a laid off MN state employee). I read the whole series and loved it. After seeing Deathly Hollows Part 1, DH looked at me and said if it was that dark he couldn't go see the last one. I assured him he would be happy in the end and he should see it, so we get to go on a Wednesday date.

Boy I hope the movie ends like the book or he is going to be very mad at me :eek:

I'm sure he'll love it NRGWoman! I was also reall skeptical after the first Deathly Hallows-- VERY dark and not super interesting.

The last one DEFNITELY makes up for it in spades!

Pam

I'm happy to find a HP post in here. I'm a hardcore fan (have read the books dozens of times...in English, Spanish and French :D

:eek: and I thought I was a fan! I belong to an adult Harry Potter book club.

made me want to become a writer. Unfortunately, I've kind of put that dream on the backburner since starting graduate school

Don't worry, grad school will only be so long. In the meantime, keep a journal by your bed and jot down any ideas that come up in dreams. That can be a rich source of material later.

and I thought I was a fan! I belong to an adult Harry Potter book club.

:O I want to join a Harry Potter club!

I teach Spanish and last quarter one of my students came to my office w/ the university newspaper that had an article about this Harry Potter/social justice group...I'm so excited to see if it's still up and running this Fall. :p

One of my other students insisted that our uni has a quidditch team and suggested I join, but I couldn't find anything on that. :(

I'm happy to find a HP post in here. I'm a hardcore fan (have read the books dozens of times...in English, Spanish and French :D ) and love the movies to pieces. The Deathly Hallows part 2 was so amazing...after it was done, I went home and picked up the 7th book to read again (only read it once or twice a few years ago when it first came out)...and read all through last night to finish it...and then was too emotionally charged to sleep, lol.

I sometimes wonder if JK Rowling will ever publish anything else..she's a fantastic writer, and it was the Harry Potter books that made me want to become a writer. Unfortunately, I've kind of put that dream on the backburner since starting graduate school, but it's still something I long to do, something I think about every time I pick up one of those HP books.

Oh cool, I'm not the only uber-nerd; I read them in German, lol. It's a great way to keep your second (and for you third, even!) language happening and have fun, too. Much better than reading the German grammar books from back in the undergrad days!

Graduate school really can suck a lot (all) of your time and energy, but don't let it de-rail you! Write, even if it's just a bit. I always thought it was a shame in grad school (I studied English) that we all end up there because we looooveeee to read, but yet, we seem to never have time for the fun books; it's all scholarly books. Those can be fun/interesting in their own way, but it's good to still read the books that you just love and that no professor will ever grill you on!

I loved the movie, although there were a couple small things I would have done differently. I guess no film ever follows the book exactly. =)

Rowling is finally going to release them to eBook format soon! I've never read any of the books so I will probably cave once I can put them on my Kindle!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.