Hardcore Maniac Saturday 11-15

holding on to the roller coaster

Hi all, first chance I have had to breathe lately. Trial settled, (good thing) on the eve of day one. DH's mom is in the hospital, Docs say she only has a 5% chance to live, she had a gangrenous gallbladder, the surgeon's face when he told us it was the size of an eggplant said it all. She's in septic shock now but this woman is sooo stubborn and strong I still have strong hopes she is going to make it. Lastly, my red headed step child was just cited for "receiving stolen property" lovely heh...come to find out it was a sucker! Looks like I have my first criminal trial coming up LOL...

THE BEST NEWS IS....I caved and bought a KETTLEBELL ;-) I'm now waiting for Lauren Brook's DVD to arrive. I did the instructional dvd, boring..but 15 minutes and I was so sore it hurt to sit for 3 days. So, I'm psyched for the pain.

Diane Sue! I sure hope you feel better soon. It stinks to have no choice but to rest. I'm glad to hear DD is keeping up with the soup.

Debbie...I must have missed your results with the last rotation you used, was it good???

Teddygirl...are you nuts woman..CC and Lowmax? I remember your bm2 recommendation that kicked my arse...you are an animal.

Dallys have you tried kettlebells?

Hermia, hope you have recovered from grading papers at 3AM. If I was one of your students I would put my paper on the bottom LOL.

Sonya...I saw your pictures, you are gorgeous! Nice dress too.

Toasty...wow on the weights, you go woman!

Ok...with the kettlebells the squats go all the way down while you hold the kettlebell in front. You are supposed to thrust your rear back far, but isn't that supposed to be hard on the knees? I questioned that, but did it anyway, and whoooa baby, I'm sure that is why my upper thighs felt like they were in a vice grip for 3 days. I can't wait for my DVD!

Well, I'm not sure what the weekend holds, we are headed back up to the hospital, keep my mil in your prayers please.

Amber

I slept in this morning. Nothing to say about working out. I will probably hold off doing much of anything till I see the doctor next week. I can still feel it in my lungs when I breathe in so I know I am not ready for much.
Ate my soup last night and one of the sweet rolls. Boy am I going the opposite direction in my eating. I am drinking so much water and tea and all the carbs that I feel like a potbellied pig LOL I was eating really clean before this:confused:

Amber, I am sorry about your mil. I will be praying for her. I had to laugh at your redheaded theif and the sucker. I have a kettlebell on my list. Just need to get to feeling better so that I can go get one. What weight did you start out with??

Morning Ladies :D

I have been up since 3:45 this morning watching movies:eek:. I had a bit of a crazy workout. I did CC1 the first 30 minutes NO inclines then went on to do 4DS upper body, after I finished chest & back hopped back on treadmill and did CC#8, challege 2. I did 10 minutes, I added 2 more minues for a total of 10 minutes. Then went back and did shoulders hopped back on treadmill and repeated CC8 for 10 minutes and finished up tri's and bi's, pretty good work I lifted as heavy as I could ;)

Stats:
3:51 miles travelled
367 cals burned
50 minutes

I need food :eek: I'll back for personals

Well, this morning is a tell-tale sign of how burned out I am. I decided to skip the last workout of this rotation and take this weekend off. Next week I will do Gym Style and cardio and the following week will be my week off. I can't wait. I just do not have any motivation to workout right now. Big time burn out.

Char - Excellent workout you posted yesterday! I'm proud of you, my friend!

Amber - I've had good results building muscle in this rotation but i haven't followed the eating plan so I haven't leaned out. That's ok, though. I usually build in the winter and lean out in the spring.

Diane Sue - I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

Nice workouts yesterday, everyone! I didn't have a chance to check anything out until now. You are all animals!!!

Have a great weekend!

Dallys ;) and Daine :): Thanks I didn't think I needed more weight than a 1lber on my way to Walmarts now and I have to return a pair of shoe I purchased from Burlington. Daine get more rest I know you'll you are a smart woman:)

Too everyone else have a wonderful...wonderful day. Its cold here in Ohio, when I get back going to relax and watch a movie and bake some chicken. Be blessed!

Hello Peeps!

Today I did legs and Cardio Coach #8. I had to make up a workout since I took off a day during the week b/c of my mig. It sucked to be me today! :p

Legs

Squats - Smith (Marcy) Machine
105# 15/15/15

Leg Extensions - Bowflex Revolution
90# 12/12/12

Lying Leg Curls - Bowflex Revolution
40# 12/12/12
These really hurt the back of my knees. I think I'll go lighter next time. I always seem to have this problem with this exercise. I could do it on my regular bench with weights but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Romanian Deadlifts
75# 12/12/12

Bulgarian Split Squats
50# 12/15/15

By the end of this workout I'm not sure what was more tired - my arms from the deadlifts and BSS or my legs! I was pooped at the beginning of CC#8, but got my energy back pretty quickly. But at the end of it I wondered how I was going to make it up from the basement. :p

Hermia - I just got so disgusted with my arm flaps that I just started lifting heavier for triceps and surprisingly I was able to go pretty heavy on kickbacks. Skull crushers are harder for me though. I think it really helps me having the Marcy machine b/c I can do the tricep pushdowns to get my triceps stronger too. I would love to be able to do more dips, but those are really hard on the front of my shoulder. :(

Diane Sue - Sounds like you really need to just keep resting. I'm glad you're being smart about it, as hard as it is.

Amber - I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. I'll keep her in my prayers. Keep us posted. Congrats on your trial. Hope the sucker trial goes as well. :p

Teddygirl - You've been rockin' the workouts lately! Good grief! I can't believe you were up that early either. A little insomnia? With Hermia going to bed so late and you getting up so early, we'll have a Maniac up round the clock. :)

Debbie - I'm glad you listened to your body FOR ONCE!!! Good for you. It worked for Linda.

Sonya - I forgot to answer you - my dad is home. He's not eating well but I'm sure he will slowly but surely. They determined it was an allergic drug reaction. There are a lot of busybodies fussing around him (and he loves that). They keep calling me and telling me they don't think he should be alone and that I should pay someone to stay with him, blah, blah, blah. Then I call him and he sounds fine. He has the means to hire someone if he needs to. We have tried to get him to move closer to us and he hasn't wanted to. We'll see now. He has a lot to take care of before that would ever happen though.

I was checking out Tracey's site and the premixes on her new yoga dvd look really good. I think I will really like it. She is sending it to the duplicator Monday. She said estimated shipping was Dec 1. I think she means to her from the duplicator.

Hey Maniacs! Today was total-sloth-to-the-X day! Well, actually, it's been rake-the-leaves-and-locate-the-poop day! Did I ever mention how many trees we have? I think it's 12 or something. Geez! DH and DS are off unloading leaves and we still have a ton left. I just got done scraping poop off my shoes.:eek: plus I think we just bought a car we don't need! Dh and I are so terrible when we get together, lol. We are like 2 rebellious kids sometimes.

Diane Sue- Glad you are feeling a titch better and that you are hitting the holiday eating early.:p I know you'll be back to normal soon. You are to healthy for it to linger long. I will keep doing those shoulder drills from TBS beacause like you, I can really feel the difference. I read over at VF that the yoga DVD called Yoga for Stress Relief (With The Dalai Lama) (2006) Starring: Barbara Benagh, has a real good section for the shoulders. Have you heard of it? I need to check out that Tracey one you mentioned.

Amber-
I don't have any kettle bells (yet). I'm just being stubburn and don't want to get into any new equipment. I've heard such good things though and I saw some people over at the park using them and it looked super cool! I hear the swings are great for the butt. What size did you get? I know I'll end up caving! Keep us posted for sure.

Char-
Great super energy workout there! I was supposed to do a super fantasic one today, but, no go.:confused:

Debbie- Yep, sounds like you are burnt out (hate when that happens). Hopefully the Gym Styles will be a nice change til your week off.

DD brought me over a Mesquite Chicken Spud from City Bites for dinner. I am stuffed. Looked it up and I must say :eek: over 1100 calories and 100 grams of fat. I ate my potato and watched Journey to the Center of the Earth. I am going to have to start feeding myself again soon!! We have a birthday party for my son in law Friday and I am making a chocolate cake. Then the next week is Thanksgiving:eek: I think I need some help!!

Dallys, no I have not heard of that yoga workout. Here is a list of the premixes on Traceys. If you look at her blog there are some pictures and a description. And I hear you on the trees. We have lots. Oaks, some big tree with thorny seed pods, bradford pears, loads of pines, pecan. I woke this morning and looked at all of those leaves and wondered when I was going to be able to get that done. LOL at the poop. All kinds of stuff gets buried under those leaves.

Post Run Pre-Mix: 16 minutes
Post Kickboxing Premix: 15 minutes
Post Cycling Premix: 10 minutes
Post Upper Body Weight Training Premix: 18 minutes
Post Lower Body Weight Training Premix: 25 minutes
Post Total Body Weight Training Premix: 20 minutes
Post Cardio Premix: 10 Minutes
BONUS MIX: Time Saver Premix: 40 minutes

Yoga Solutions is 1 hour and 50 minutes, so you have a lot of options, short, medium and looonnnggg!!!
icon_wink.gif

Last edited:
Amber, I hope your mil pulls through. Will be praying. How heavy is your kettlebell? I want one soooo much now! I've been wanting one but now I want one more. They are spendy though! I want a bosu too, but maybe I'll put that off.

Diane, I'm looking forward to Tracey's yoga, too, and I love the way she organized the pre-mixes to address specific workout follow-ups. Don't worry about you 1100 calorie lunch; once you start working out again you'll take care of that in half of one of your workouts. =)

Today I did Tracey's Strictly Upper Body. Gonna go over to bf's now. Have a good rest of the weekend everyone!

Hi Maniacs. Busy day today...I think the holiday partying has started! I had a candle party today....but all the appetizers were healthy and some of the recipes came from Oxygens nutrition mag!!!!! Went to Delcicato Winery (where my sis works) for Holiday Open House and now headed to a friends house for get-to-gether. I did however prioritize and get my workout in this morning! I did 4DS LIS and my own UB and ab routine. Focused on lifting heavy with fewer reps...used 20#, 25# and 30# db and 40# BB!

Amber...my prayers are with you!

DS...glad to hear you are feeling a little bit better. Don't rush things....you already know that though (like preaching to the choir):)

DH is hollering at me....gotta go.......

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.