Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Weekend 7/4/09-7/5/09

buttercup78

Cathlete
Morning Ladies-
I got up and did supersets. I have not done that workout in awhile. I like it because she adds ab work in there and sometimes I am a little lax on my ab work. I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July weekend.
Theresa

Today I did a cardio workout and a yoga workout. Had fun with both.

For Cardio I chose Cathe's 4DS Kickbox workouts - short and sweet. I really liked it, very easy to follow. It was 30 minutes.

For Yoga I chose Karen Voights Yoga Strength. It's only about 25 minutes. I've always liked this workout.

HR STATS for Cardio Only:
33 minutes total
6 minutes below zone
19 minutes in zone
8 minutes above zone
247 calories burned

I'm down to 133# today but I won't get all that excited. I've been fluctuating between 136-133# for some time now.

I also just ordered the Wen Hair Care products. I hope I like it, it looks like a good concept. Money back guarantee so I guess I can't lose anything.

HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!

Hi guys, I have just a quick minute but had to say happy 4th! I got up early and did my last workout from the June rotation- STS Legs Disc 12 and no equipment abs. After all of my plyo workouts, it wasn't so bad. :cool: Then we took the kids to the parade and playground with big blow up slides / bouncy houses that our town does every year.

I'll try to check back later when I have more time and do some personals. Just had to say hi!!

Hey Maniacs!!!

I didn't workout yesterday because, frankly, I did not feel like it. Remember, if we already approve of ourselves, what is there to prove? Sometimes it is nice just to do what you really want to and be a rebel. So today I went into the workout quite nicely.

ABS: ton of stuff from the ab diet book and then my son came down and joined in and showed me what he learned from his friends at the gym..quite fun! We included Chin Ups too and did 6/5/4

LEGS:

Squats 200# 3/8 (I know I need to watch I don't go too high, but it just feeellllsss sooooooo good, lol)

Sissy Squats 3/10

Leg Extensions 95# 3/8

Deads 135# 3/8

SHOULDERS

Arnold Presses 25's 3/8

Lat Raises 15's 3/8

Circle Flyes 8's 30x's

Tomorrow we get ready for our vacation, but I am still gonna try to get a workout in before we go...just some cardio.

Have a great 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, today was my last landscape day, probably put in another 1:45. Shame of it is I am not even half way done my yard. :(:confused:

On Monday I am thinking I may do the three month STS rotation without the discs. We shall see.

Debbie - How is the hair coming? Still working on growing it out?

Happy 4th everyone!

Well, I just did an hour or so of Mower Max. Last time I did that one I burned over 400 calories.:D

Morning! Today is Drill Max whenever DH gets down here to watch the kids. :) I'm starting Cathe's January 09 rotation but mixing up the weeks a bit. I want to try out some other stuff but I think I'll wait until after the RT. Don't know why but I want to keep doing Cathe until then. :D

Linda: I think that would work- the STS rotation w/o the disks. If you want me to describe timing or any exercises or anything, let me know.

Charlotte: WTG on 200# squats! That's impressive.

Roselyn: I just did Athletic Step Jam for the first time a week or so ago- I liked it.

Have a great day everyone!

Morning ladies.
Hope everyone had a great 4th.. Went to see Transformers..
Finished Meso 2 and took 2 days off.Beach next sun so no loss for time.. Swimsuit. LOL..There is a nice gym down there but a good drive to it..
I will catch 3 days in it and do the rest walking the beach.

Starting meso 3 today.. Which i am heading for in a few..

Char 200# squats..
Wowza..
Have a great week in case i don't get on gals..
Take care all.

Debbie - How is the hair coming? Still working on growing it out?

Pretty good. You have to remember my hair was only 1/2" long when I started growing it out, not even that. So to me it's growing fast. The back of my hair is finally touching my neck and shoulders and the sides are easily put behind my ears. So I'm happy. Right now it's at that I-can't-do-anything-with-it stage but I'll just deal with it. I'm excited to try Wen but I'm afraid I'll get addicted to it. That's $$$ I don't really need to spend,you know?

Today is my rest day. Hope you all had a safe 4th of July! DH and I are heading to some flea markets.

Pretty good. You have to remember my hair was only 1/2" long when I started growing it out, not even that. So to me it's growing fast. The back of my hair is finally touching my neck and shoulders and the sides are easily put behind my ears. So I'm happy. Right now it's at that I-can't-do-anything-with-it stage but I'll just deal with it. I'm excited to try Wen but I'm afraid I'll get addicted to it. That's $$$ I don't really need to spend,you know?

Debbie - I know that stage all to well!:p Honestly though I have a tough time picturing you with long hair. My mind can only see the 1/2 inch hair.

Linda: I think that would work- the STS rotation w/o the disks. If you want me to describe timing or any exercises or anything, let me know.

Patti - don't know if I can do STS, already looking at Disc One card and don't understand exactly what some of the exercises are. Here are the ones I am unsure of:

Band Pulls
Incline Curl Alt. & Rotate at Top (What is the rotation)
Incline front raise on SB
Standing quarter Stop Curls
Prone Pushups on SB
Seated Lateral raise Both Arms High End
Straddle Pushups
Side Leaning Lat Raise
Seated Curls Alt + Both Arms
Core Pushups
Seated Front Press Double Arms 1.5\'s
Incline Rear Raise on SB

Linda: I have to run to the grocery now, but I'll help you out. Also check the Workout Manager under 1RM- they have video demonstrations for a lot of the exercises now. I'll BBL and see what I can do- once you know the lingo for the few new exercises it's pretty easy. Like Core Pushups are just the ones from Drill Max where you bring your knee up to the side as you go down in the push up. Straddle push ups you just straddle the bench top on the floor with a hand on each side.

Patti - Thanks! I found the videos and am now down to just two questions.

On the third set of pushups which are standard and 30 reps, what is the count? Are they 30 singles or does she do the 1.5 again?

Then on the Incline Rear Raise on the SB there is no video, so could you help me with that one?

Linda: The 30 count pushups are singles (thank goodness). Some of the names are funky for the exercises so I'll double check on the other one. I think it is like the other stability ball raise- one is to the front and one is arm to the side. I'll double check it.

We are back from our 4th holiday. We left early. So many things to take care of. Thinking of hair growing, mine is a nightmare. It was raining when I lefr. I walked the dog and came back and used the flat iron. My hair is not forcusing where I need it. Started to curl up the first time that I went out with my dog. I am off to bed. Will check back tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.