Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Wed Aug 30

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did P90X Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and Ab Ripper X with a med ball and ankle weights. I subbed a few sets of chest presses/flies for some of the pushups. My shoulder's been flaring...so I didn't want to push it. I did enough pushups doing it this way since this whole DVD is pushups for chest work. It's gonna take a lot of determination to get through this last month...as I'm really getting sick of this rotation.

Charlotte - I PM'd you back. Can't you get that oil you bid on from the TAL site? Yes, if you really want something from E-bay, you have to literally sit at your computer the last 5-10 minutes of bidding if you really want it. Or use the maximum bid feature and put the most you're willing to pay for it and wish for the best.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll try to check in from work, but it's doubtful that I'll be able to. My boss has been very mean to me this week and I usually can take it, but my DH is also being extremely mean and between the both of them, I feel ready to go "off of the deep end".

Good Morning Maniacs!!

Yesterday I just worked my abs. I did...

100 reps for seated twist with 8# med. ball
16 reps of Ball Bicycle
10 reps of reverse crunch with knee drop (med. ball)
16 reps of V Raise
20 reps of single resistance double crunch with 20# (new to this so next time will try #25 or #30)
100 reps of Modified Raised Feet Crunch
12 reps of Bent Leg Knee Raise
6 reps of Figure 8 Crunch (med ball)

My abs are not sore. Rarely get sore anyhow anymore.

I will get back later today with what I will be doing.

Lora,

I just liked that scent for the smell. I read about the smell off one of the journals and I just thought that has to be the best smell ever! When I bid on something off ebay, I ALWAYS put in the most amount I am willing to pay, but I made the mistake of not hanging around for the fireworks at the end. Too bad. The TAL site does not have that nice smelling oil right now they said. May get it back later.

Hang in there. I knew something was up with you. You have been too quiet.

Charlotte~~

Lori, smack your boss and Dh for me.
What do you do that you have to put up with misery every day?
I don't miss working for people. It is so nice to work for yourself.
If you are that sick of the rotation. Change it.Just add it in now and then. Shake her up a little. 3 months is too long for me.

Char, wait till the last minute. I do. Just watch it.
If you have dsl. You can bid fast.I think sometimes they have a friend or partner bidding to bring up the price.

I am aiming for some extreme killer cardio tonite.Not sure what. Maybe the terminator. Any suggestions.

I am hitting the food thing hard. No junk, no wine(OH MY).
I think the wine is keeping the last 13 lbs on me. So, I did not buy anymore.
I am happy today. I paid off my last credit card. It was a really big payment, but except for veicles no bills...

HAHAHAHAHPPPPY .
Now to fix the car problem...
Have a nice day.
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

This morning I did another total body workout. Not sure whats up with this weeks rotation calling for only 2 sets. I don't even feel worked. However, I was sore from Monday's workout so there must be a method to this routine.

This is what I did, 2 sets/8 reps 60 second rest:

Pull ups - I did 7!!!!! Finally got to 7! Then I did 5 and 5 (did three sets just cuz)
Incline Bench Press - 85#
Rear Dumbbell Raise - 15's each hand
Dumbbell Bicep Curls - 25's each hand
Plie Squats - 85#
Hamstring Curls - 50#

Then I did 1.7 miles on the treadmill on an incline because I couldn't figure out how the heck to put it on a straight plain. I liked it, though, felt great! Stayed in my fat burning zone and just walked really fast.

For the entire workout I was in my zone for 23 minutes and burned 221 calories.

Charlotte - great ab workout. I also did a bunch of ab stuff last night but I'm not sore either. Why is it so hard to get your abs sore?

Hope you all have great workouts!

Anne,

LOL! Yeah, I take a break inbetween sets. It goes pretty fast though. Glad you got your car taken care of. I am happy to hear about that.
I have satellite so everything is instant, baby!!!! lol. I type really fast too, but I just had to leave the computer that day cuz dh was about to come into the room and when he does, he wants to know what I am up to.
Do Imax 2 or 3 then.
Just got done dancing around to Stupid Girls by Pink. Love that song! Do you?
Whatcha hitting up on food? Maniac. lol.
My auction is ending today and now I have to put up another. This money going to pay off bills too, but not enough to pay off my mastercard. I would need 30 auctions for that one.

Charlotte~~

>This morning I did another total body workout. Not sure
>whats up with this weeks rotation calling for only 2 sets. I
>don't even feel worked. However, I was sore from Monday's
>workout so there must be a method to this routine.
>
>This is what I did, 2 sets/8 reps 60 second rest:
>
>Pull ups - I did 7!!!!! Finally got to 7! Then I did 5 and 5
>(did three sets just cuz)
>Incline Bench Press - 85#
>Rear Dumbbell Raise - 15's each hand
>Dumbbell Bicep Curls - 25's each hand
>Plie Squats - 85#
>Hamstring Curls - 50#
>
>Then I did 1.7 miles on the treadmill on an incline because I
>couldn't figure out how the heck to put it on a straight
>plain. I liked it, though, felt great! Stayed in my fat
>burning zone and just walked really fast.
>
>For the entire workout I was in my zone for 23 minutes and
>burned 221 calories.
>
>Charlotte - great ab workout. I also did a bunch of ab stuff
>last night but I'm not sore either. Why is it so hard to get
>your abs sore?
>
>Hope you all have great workouts!

Debbie,

Oh that has to be a killer of a workout...85# for bench? Good Goshes, Woman...you are getting up there. Those pullups are rough too. Let me tell you. That is some impressive stuff you are doing. I can see that your increasing your weights very well. I am just in awe right now. So what is the rear dumb bell thing? What is that for? To get your abs sore, I would think put on plates that add up to 50# and do 500 crunches, whatcha think?

Charlotte~~

Hey Everyone,

Lora - Sorry to hear about the boss giving you issues. Mine definitely goes through mood swings from time to time. He's coming back from a big trip today and wanted me to do this project while he was gone. Guess what - haven't started it. I'm sure I'll get a nasty-gram from him this morning.

Charlotte - Wow! That ab work blows me away. That's the part I hate working most. That's the hardest part for me to lean out (probably because of my eating habits), so when I build a lot there it just pooches out. Hoping to change that this winter.

Anne - Great job paying off the c-cards. Don't think that'll happen for me for a long time. DH doesn't have the budgeting skills. Also, thanks for the Nike advice yesterday. I actually bought the shoes from a different site cheaper. Maybe I'll still try your suggestion with them. Wouldn't hurt.

Deb and Anne - In regards to the cardio/weight lifitng question I asked yesterday - Right now I'm at higher reps, less weight. Have never tried HEAVY lifting. When I do a heavier lifting workout (more towards the less reps, higher weight side, but not quite there), I find the cardio days sometimes a little harder. Meaning, the muscles just jiggling hurts. Although, when my legs are sore for lifting, running seems to help. I just wanted your opinion on whether a less reps, higher weight workout would hurt my cardio performance (mainly, my distance running). Good feedback yesterday. Thanks!

W/o today - probably running again. Maybe will get out of work soon enough to try a weight-lifting class at the Aerobic Center in town. The class is a bit on the light side for me, so I'm undecided.

Good luck on all your w/os today!

I just uploaded several family fitness pictures and a few others. Check them out. Most are pretty funny. We had these taken when we were camping back in July.

Charlotte~~

Good Morning,
Today I am going to do cardio, and GS timesaver, superset, back,biceps,chest triceps. I will do the shoulders w/ legs tomorrow.

Lora, I hope you have a good day today. No meanies:)

Charlotte, good ab workout. I know I rarely can get DOMS in my abs. When are started doing the hanging leg raises and barbell rollouts I got some. Now I am upping the resistance and don't feel it. So I am trying to find the next thing to really work them. Looking at your fitness fun pics it looks like you have been working them so that is what counts right? Enjoyed the pics it looks like you were all having fun:)

Anne, I like the terminator. Also HC Extreme hi/lo. Or the really toughy the HC one with the intense segments from KM and I Max 3. Do you have that one? Or you can mix it up and just use several workouts and put together an intense cardio like, MIC intervals at the end, and I Max2 blast mania. I like to do that sometimes.
Good for you paying off your last credit card I hate those things.

Debbie, it sounds like you are doing great on the pull ups. Good workout. Don't you just love the treadmill. You can really get a good calorie burn in a short amount of time:)

Hi to everyone
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Morning ladies!
Today for me is chest, back, abs, and cardio. I'm ganna do S&H back, S&H Chest, MM abs 2 times through (abs only) and KPC abs. Then going to the gym to do more and do a step class. I'm planning on doing so lat pull downs, maybe 4 sets of 8-10 reps w/ 100# I think. Can't remember my weight for thisx(. Then single arms rows w/ 25 or 30#. Chest flys, bench press, (65#) High Row (machine) more abs, and 300 sit-ups.

Charlotte- I'm ganna take a look at your pics after this. Sounds cool:) I like your a routine too.

Debbie- 85# bench press..You go girl.

Lori- Go screw your boss. I swear bosses, managers, ect are just there to kill us }(

Anee- Hope your car problem gets fixed!

Diane Sue- Sounds like you have a good workout for today!!

have a good day!
~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Charlotte- I love the pics! Looks like you guys had a really great time! You make my ab work look like peanuts womman!

Anne- great job on the CC. I have cardio to do today too

Deb- Sounds like a good one

Lora- keep your chin up! It will get better.

DB- hope you get that class in

Adri- when do you start school? How is that going to effect your WO's? Do you gymnastics during the school year? Just curious. Have fun at the gym.

DS- have fun with your WO today.

I am doing L&G, and cardio. I can feel a bit of DOMS in my back from last night. Pretty good feeling.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/151/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

My biceps are feel FRIED today}( }( I did a lot of work on them and my triceps yesturday and hold on a sec... Ok never mind they are BOTH sore. (Just had to stretch the tries and see if it was.) I haven't EVER expirenced DOMS in my biceps ( well maybe they were sore but never like OMG). Even though I've been working out since I was 10. I guess I had a better workout yesturday. I really WORKDED}(

Just had to share that;-)
~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Maegan- I start school next thursday, Sept.7. This does affect it because I will have practice for 4 hours mon and wed. and 4.5 hours on saturday. but school goes from 7:30-1:40 and practice don't start till 3:30 so I'll be ok. Mom gets home from work at 5 and only works tues, wed,thurs so then I'd go to the gym then. But this is ganna be THOUGH. 8th grade too x(

Take Care,
~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Oh Adri, I wish I could go back and be in school again LOL! Trust me, enjoy it now, before you have to become RESPONSIBLE!!!! Good for you, but don't over do it! School is the most important! Get enough rest.
OMG, I sound like such a mother!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/151/.png[/img] [/url]

LOL Maeghan:+ Thanks for the laugh:7 Are you a mother? I guess not but I'd bet you'd make a good one:)

Take Care,
~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Thanks Adri. Actually I have a 2 and a 4 year old boys. I am 27, but I still think I am 22 or something. Don't want to grow up!

Anyway, I need major motivation today. I don't know why I have been so blah this week. I think I am beyond stressed about sh*t, and it is really dragging me down.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Adri,

Is that a picture of you?

O.k. ladies I am finished with my workout. Here is what I did:
with 90 sec rest

3 sets of 12 pushups

3 sets of 12 Incline DB Flies with 25# db's. (Was trying to go off to my happy place for these..tough this morning for some reason)

3 sets of 12 DB Upright Rows with 15# (game face with last 2 reps)}(

3 sets of 12 Plie Squats with 150# (90 sec rest...WTH..heartrate still up):p

3 sets of 12 Leg Press with 20# db's (breathless when done)

3 sets of 12 Pullovers with 40# (gone to my happy place)

3 sets of 12 Barbell Curls with 60# (my live or die place)

3 sets of 12 Dips (did these with my legs raises on chair, otherwise too easy)

Charlotte~~

Charlotte- yea my avatar is a pic of me but it was taken about 3.5 years ago. I was 10 and a Level 4. Thats when I was invited to the team and then was interested in fitness, nutrtion, and working out. You can tell I didn't have much muscle then but I have come a REALLY long way, not trying t brag or anything, please don't take it that way:).

Also, Charlotte, the 90 sec rest is 1 minute 30 secs right? DAH. I need to get back to school;-) That period of rest is good fro muscle builders right? Cause thats what I've been doing at the gym latley.

Maeghan- I know when you get down to the niddy griddy in your wieght loss it tends to get really hard and feels almost impossible. My Mom went through it. She was 203 pounds when she gave birth to me. Before she was 124}( But she lost all the wieght but she said that the last 8 pounds was REALLY hard. She said because her body was soo used to working out now that she really had to do things TOTALLY different almost every week to challenge her body. She did it, and now is 122 and is really happy. It took her about 10-11 months to loose all the wieght, and now shes been between 122-125lbs. So my motivation to you (so I stop blabbing) is to shock your body and try new things. You might accually have fun and your body will thank you:)

Take Care,
~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.