Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Sunday August 17, 2008

ashumate

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs! Happy Sunday. I am riding our train service to the county fair today. Should be fun.

Today, I did the Jackie Warner Boot Camp. Having fun with this. Had to buy wrist supports - it takes about 40 to 50 minutes and I burn about 360 calories. Did this also on Friday. Saturday I ran the hills in the neighborhood. I am really doing well with my running. I ran 50 minutes total max HR was 170 average was 148 - burned 400 calories.

Have a great one.

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Cardio Coach 8 for 30 minutes on the Treadmill & Ellipitcal with my 10 pound weight vest on and then went upstairs and finished doing 30 more minutes of Leslie's 4 Mile Walk on the Rebounder. Workout was 63" and I burned 592 calories. I also did Lotte Berk Blast from High Round Assets and 20 minutes of Rodney Yee's AM yoga (which I didn't really care for).

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Good Afternoon Ladies :D

Today is my rest day sorta:eek: I ended up walking 2 hours this morning. The weather was just so perfect I jumped out of bed had coffee and headed out the door. Have a great day all:D

Morning ladies

Haven't been around Life has been buisy. I just got a new toy. I bought a Suzanne Sommers gym. Pretty neat . Gonna be great for traveling and alot of cable workouts from the gym i don't have.I had to double the bands, but i liked it for the leg work and some abs and cable rows and a few other exercises.
My dad had a mild stroke and had a subdural hematoma on his brain, so i have been work and hospital. No time for much. I am heading there soon.
He is in rehab now. I am so glad he is improving. It is sad to see your dad having a hard time cutting his food and not walking well. Not allowed out of bed withut help.It is breaking my heart.

I know i haven't checked in for a while, but i am still working out .
Between the new salon which is almost done, and pap.. Benn rough and stressful.
Just want to say hello to everyone. I haven't had time to go and read..
So , take care all and keep pumping..
Anne

Hey Maniacs!!!

Anne,

So sorry to hear about your dad. I figured you were in a mountain of work passed your head with salon and all, but didn't know this was going on too, and your still working out???? I hope your dad improves quickly. I know this has got to be hard on you. Prayers and hugs your way.

Well no workouts for me today. Today is my son's 18th birthday so I made a french vanilla chocolate icing cake. OMG! lol. Someone help us eat it all cuz I don't want leftovers. EGADS! Gonna see a movie later on..comedy..forget name. Making spaghetti for dinner (son's favorite).

Ya'll have a great day! Weather is beautiful here.

I was going to post this morning but my intenet was down. I did 3 miles on the treadmill this morning in 45 min.. I burned 428 calories. Was in my zone for 35 min.. I was going to do lower body but my piriformis and glutes are pretty sore form the two days I already did and probably the hills on the treadmill. I think I will wait till tomorrow and maybe use my foam roller this evening to break of the fascia.

Charlotte, you can have the cake LOL. I have my birthday and my dd coming up in the next couple of weeks. Don't need cake but am sure I will get some. I always try to keep the topping light. The family loves it when I use sugar free pudding and light Coolwhip for topping. I will sprinkle some chopped dark chocolate over it. Helps a little. LOL

Ally, good run:D

Teddy, walking 2 hrs is a rest day? LOL

Hey Maniacs! This morning we went on a Mtn. bike ride up in the canyon. We went on the same 12 mile ride, but rode in opposite direction this time. Ride was 2 1/2 hrs. again. Probably 2 hrs. in-the-saddle time. Been totally worn out all day, lol! Dh is making stuffed pork chops and some form of fancy potatoes and I'll be in charge of the corn-on-the-cob...rofl!:D I'm such a domestic wife.;)

Anne- Sorry about your dad. I hope that he keeps improving. I'm glad you are still hanging in there and we miss you around here.:)

Char- I'll trade you the cake and you can have my jalepeno/artichoke dip! I can stay away from cake, but not this stuff. Dh gives me a look every time I pull it out of the fridge, lol! I such a pig! Tell ds happy birthday.

Teddy- you take rest days like me lately. Sometimes the energy is just there and you gotta take advantage.;)

Lora-ashumate-Diane Sue- Great workouts all of ya's!:cool:

Later...gotta go shuck some corn.:p

Anne--hope your dad keeps improving. I understand somewhat of what you're going through, having been through something similar involving my dad.

Toasty---cake.....mmmmmm.....sounds yummy!

As expected, I am quite sore from yesterday's fitness-fest. My calves are sore, more in the bottom part, and I'm really sore in...well, I don't know exactly what it is. It's high up between my hips and my booty....so outer booty? I don't know but it hurts.

I just finished segment one of Core Max and stretch #2 from Amy's Abs and Stretch. Light day for me today.

I had a another late workout too..

Im doing legs at home more often now that my one month gym membership has expired :)

Ive found that I can lift more weight over my head on the bb for squats than I could just 8 weeks ago.. so I know I must be improving :-D .. however it's still only about half of what Ive been doing the past 4 weeks in the gym on the rack..

I read somewheres the other day about the whole: Strength = Mass X Force thing.. or however it goes..
It basically said something to the extent of: if you can't lift heavy then you can lift with more force (faster I guess) to still build strength??
Any ideas on that one??

Anyway..

Legs-

(I kindof followed the GS routine a little with the bonuses)

Squats 3 X 15 (faster) w/ bonus
Statics 2 X 12 (faster)
Wide Stance Deadlifts 3 X 6 (these sucked:(
Glute Raises 3 X 10
Leg Presses (on bench) 3 X 10
Plies 3 X 12 w/ pulses
Deadlifts 3 X 10 (why are these so hard to target my HS???? grr..)
Calves
G/HS on ball

OK I guess.. I really need a squat rack.. I feel like I can't keep on with the strength gains with these high rep, lower weight routines..

WHAT DO YOU THINK FITNESSFREAK?? (sorry, but you seem to have a good imput on this stuff :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.