Hardcore Fitness Maniacs September 1, 2018

Today's workout was Cathe Live Upper Body Bootcamp, 62 minutes, heart rate average 97, max 144, 912 steps, met 4.0, 274 calories (fit bit said 145 and map my fitness said 369) I chose this workout since I did the live Lower Body Bootcamp on Monday. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw Upper Body Finisher 14 minutes, heart rate average 104, max 130, 62 calories, met 4.0. Total time was 76 minutes, 336 calories.
Upper body boot camp, 3 same body part exercises + 1 core exercise for each body part. Uses a stability ball, little rest throughout, Cathe does not count out reps very much so these are my reps
Rnd 1 chest
bench press on the ball 15#dbs 40 reps :0
flys on ball 12# dbs 24 reps
push up 8,8, down 2 up 2 4 times
stability ball roll out
Rnd 2 back
pullover 15# dbs 16 reps
one arm row (Cathe 20#) 25# db 16 reps each right and left then a second set of 8 each
seated band pulls
weighted standing circles 8# db
Rnd 3 shoulders
seated overhead press 12# dbs 8 reps then 16 reps alterntating
upright row 15# dbs 8,8,4 reps
seated rear delts 10# dbs 2 sets of 10 reps
butterfly sit up
Rnd 4 biceps
seated biceps curls 15# dbs 16 reps
incline curls (Cathe 12# dbs) 15# dbs 16 reps
preacher curls 12# dbs 10 reps
knee ins on ball 16 reps
Rnd 5 Triceps
see saw push ups12 reps
seated overhead triceps extension 12# dbs 16 reps
close grip bench press 6 reps of down 2 up 2 and singles 15# dbs
seated on flow side to side with stability ball
Extra work for each body part
incline fly 12# dbs 16 reps, incline press 12# dbs 16 reps, side bends for core with 20# db
Y's with band, salute supermans, ball exchange
seated lateral raise 8# and 5# dbs, incline front raise 8# dbs and 5# dbs, body weight side plank reach
one arm side lying push up 16 reps, band triceps extensions, sit up with stability ball
seated W curls 12# dbs 16 reps , banana holds with ball adding scissors

Coffey Fit Raw Upper Body Finisher timed
Front curls 15# dbs , lateral raise 10# dbs, dips off bench Repeat
Hammer Curls 15# dbs, upright rows 15# dbs, kickbacks 10# dbs Repeat
Supination curls alternating 15# dbs, alternating front raise 10# dbs, overhead triceps extension 15# Repeat

Debbie, I didn't realize at first that I had to reset the Map My Fitness app to not log the stuff for me. When it does that Fit Bit adjusts what they got. Usually if I enter a different calorie burn for the same exercise and use the exact time given by Fit Bit, I get the change to where I think that it should be. The burn is only counted once when I put it in MFP myself with Fitbit time. Once in awhile Fit Bit will be higher when it comes to more intense cardio. I just like my numbers more accurate. Good for you doing the challenge.

Jolie, so much for the recovery week ;) I am sorry that those hot flashes are giving you so much problem.

Today I did Treadmill Coach #1 but cut stage 3 short and only did a 5 minute cool down instead of 7 because I wanted to get a good stretch in. Had a pretty good workout, wasn't really feeling it this morning. This is a tough workout with most of it running up an incline. Kills me.

Workout was 47 minutes, burned 415 calories, went 3.42 miles and did 6813 steps. HR was 142/190.

Jolie - Nice job on the total body workout. You should be recovering! LOL!!

Roselyn - Great job with your workout as well. Meso 2 is hard.

Diane Sue - Great workout yesterday, Kelly's RAW Upper Body Finisher looks interesting. Can't wait to get back to her workouts. I might skip Meso 3 after next week, I haven't decided yet. Getting tired of these really long lifting workouts.

Today was cardio. I did Cathe Live Jabs and Kicks, 55 minutes, average heart rate 137, max 166, 354 calories, met 5.9, 4,736 steps. I then did Kelly Coffey Lean Body Circuits boxing premix 20 minutes, heart rate average 143, max 171, met 6.1, 135 calories, 1,768 steps. I finished off with a Jessica Smith Youtube stretch 18 minutes, 30 calories. Total time was 93 minutes, 519 calories. I used 1# gloves for jabs and abs and my boxing gloves for the heavy bag tabatas. I wore 1.5# gloves for Lean Body Circuits boxing. This was 6,504 steps for the two cardio workouts.

Debbie, Kelly has two new Coffey Fit Raw workouts she just filmed that should be going up soon. It seems she usually has them up by the weekend. If she gets them up by tomorrow I will do them then, otherwise I will try Cathe's new live Giant Sets #2 tomorrow. Kelly has another finisher that is around 20 minutes that can be done as a workout on it's own or added to a cardio workout. The cardio finisher was tough when I tried it. I think maybe it was because I added it after a really long weight workout and she started out with some push press or cleans (I cant remember) with a heavy weight, it is really cardio, that was just the starting point. I was not prepared for that. I will do it again sometime when I haven't worked so hard prior.

Today I did STS Meso 2, Week 3, Back & Biceps, I had a great workout, was sweating like crazy. It has cooled off here a bit but still very humid. We hit 100 degrees on Wednesday. Ridiculous.

1 minute rest between each set
Double Wave Load
BACK
Warmup with Lat pulldowns, T-Pull and Y's
Wide Grip Chin Ups: 12 reps
Wide Grip Chinups: 12 reps
Close Grip Pull Ups: 12 reps
Barbell Rows: 55# - 12/10/8 reps
One Arm Row: 25#/26.5#/28# - 12/10/8/12/10/12 reps
Barbell Deadlifts: 55# - 12/10/12 reps

BICEPS
Barbell Curls: 30#/32.5#/36# - 12/10/8/12/10/8 reps
Incline Hammer Curls w/Twist: 17's - 12/10/8 reps
Reverse Curls: 15's - 12/10/10 reps

Should have gone up with the one arm rows, those were easy. And why does she rest 1 full minute for the one-arm rows? In the beginning of Meso 2 she would only rest 30 seconds because the arm not working was already resting. I forwarded through 30 seconds of the rest because of this. Waste of time, I think.

Workout was 59 minutes, burned 418 calories, HR 128/165.

Diane Sue - Looking forward to seeing Kelly's new RAW workouts. Do you know what kind they are yet? Great job on your workout, Jabs and Kicks sounds like a fun one!

Jolie - I'm assuming you had a rest day, hope you enjoyed it!!

Roselyn - Nice job on your workout!!!

Debbie, here is what Kelly says about the new raw workouts on facebook. They aren't up yet.

I have 2 more RAW workouts that I will be releasing while ya all are waiting for the new DVDs. One is Intervals 4 and the other is a tubing/resistance band workout. The second workout is designed to tone your whole body without weights and without even standing. I designed it to give you a moderate workout that is safe, challenging and truly effective! It was also designed for all of those who have told me of your temporary physical limitations: issues with knees, ankles, feet, shoulders, wrists, elbows. I hope this helps you get through your healing process!
I know you will appreciate the uniqueness of these workout!

Today I did Cathe Live Total Body Giant Sets #2, 62 minutes, (58 actual), met 4.2, 287 calories, heart rate average 106, max 145, 1,284 steps. I did write everything down before I did it, but I still had to stop and make a couple of changes in my notes. Cathe sometimes lists an order of the names of the workouts and then when they are done, they are not quite in the same order or the count is off, which is understandable when you are doing something live. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Just Step, 24 minutes, 172 calories, met 6.5, 2,220 steps, heart rate average 155, max 188. Total time was 86 minutes, calories burned 459. I really wanted to go to Sprouts so I could start on some things for Sunday's family birthday dinner. It has been raining almost non-stop. Our sun room decided to leak the last two days, so that is a real hassle. It was fine at first. I am ready for it to stop. My Spark is little, I won't go out when there are flooded roads. It is just not worth it. Hopefully it is gone when I pick up my grandchildren from school Monday.

Debbie, I used to jog in place or run around the room rather than just stand there looking at Cathe talking. As far as Kelly's new ones, I will be interested in the format of the Interval #4. They are definitely not all the same. Some are lighter weight and more of a cardiovascular feel and others are more of a heavier weight workout. Have you seen the video clips of the new dvds yet?

I forgot to post live Giant Sets #2
58 minutes, 6 rounds, requires mat, barbell loaded for deadlifts, and Cathe has 5,10,12,15# dumbbells
Round #1
squats 15# dbs 16 reps me 25# dbs
split lunges 15# dbs 16 reps me 20# dbs
deadlift Cathe 45# barbell me 55# barbell
repeat
Round #2
overhead press 12# dbs 12 reps
overhead triceps extensions 12# dbs 12 reps I used a 25# db
triceps push ups 10 reps rnd 1 12 reps rnd 2
chest fly 15# dbs 12 reps
repeat
Round #3
rear delt raise 12# dbs 12 reps I used 15# dbs
front raise 15# db 12 reps I used 15# 1 rnd and 20# the second
lateral raise 5# dbs 20 reps
repeat
Round #4
side lunge 15# db 16 reps
alternating forward front lunge 12# dbs I used 15# dbs
side to side sumo 15# dv 12 reps or 24 reps total
Deadlifts wide stance 45# barbell 12 reps I used 55#
repeat
Round #5
1 arm row 20# 16 reps I used 25# first round and 30# the second but with 14 reps
Biceps curls 15# dbs 16 reps Cathe used 12# dbs
1 arm back fly 10# Cathe I used 12# 10 reps round 1 12 reps round 2
W curls 12# dbs 16 reps
repeat
Round #6
triangle choke hod 8 reps
side plank oblique twist 12 reps
reverse crunch head elevated 64 reps
plank step in step out 16 reps
ankle grabber sit ups 16 reps ?
repeat

This morning I did Cathe Live Move It, 37 minutes, heart rate average 140, max 164, 239 calories, 3025 steps. I then did Cathe Live Crush It Low Impact, 34 minutes, heart rate average 130, max 159, 232 calories, 2613 steps. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw Stretch, 28 minutes, 60 calories, 72 steps. Total time was 99 minutes, 531 calories. I see Kelly put up her band workout on her raw channel. It looks like she uses the stability ball and tubing. I will have to preview it. It wasn't up when I started my workout, I checked before starting. She says she doesn't usually care much for band works , but this one kept her interest or something like that.

Last edited:
Roselyn, I really felt the giant set workout when I got up this morning :) That is why I made sure I got in a good stretch today. It was a good one.

Hey guys :)

Today I did Cardio Coach ‘Press Play’ I tell ya it felted good; haven’t done a treadmill workout in weeks. It’s time for me to get busy.

Debbie - Nice workout, girl you make me want to do STS again lol I pulled out some old Cathe workout to add in this rotation.

Diane - Awesome work, next month I’m going to preorder Cathe new series.

Hi Roselyn and Jolie.

Have a great evening everyone.

Last edited:
Rest day today. We had a family birthday at my house. I made roast, baked potatoes and cream cheese pound cake, one raspberry and one chocolate chip. My family bought roast carrots and garlic roasted potatoes and salad. I ate entirely too much! I have been under lately so I am sure I was okay, but I couldn't seem to get enough of the raspberry pound cake. This evening I just had salad and a Bullet Proof collagen bar. Back on track tomorrow. I put out some of a curried shrimp noodle bowl that I froze when I made it from Real Paleo Fast and Easy cookbook by Loren Cordain. It is yummy and he uses easy ingredients like broccoli slaw and a package of fresh mushrooms. So far I have enjoyed the recipes that I have made from this book. Loren Cordain is more strict on the Paleo diet. He doesn't add salt to his recipes, but they all seem full of flavor.

Roselyn, nice work.

Doz, you are doing great bouncing back up after being so sick. Nice work.

Today started STS Meso 2 week 4 and I worked Chest and Shoulders, I will do Triceps on Wednesday and may use a finisher from Kelly if I feel I need more. This was Drop Sets but for some reason Cathe didn't do drop sets with chest. Not sure why? Would have been great. Still a tough workout.

Drop sets
1 minute rest between each set
CHEST
Pushups (warmup): 10/10/10/10 reps, wide/standard/wide/standard
Barbell Bench Press: 80#/75#/75# - 12/10/8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 27's - 12/10/8 reps
Incline Bench Press: 75# - 12/10/8 reps

SHOULDERS
Drop Sets:
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press: 16's/12's/10's - 12/10/8 reps
Incline Front Raise on Ball: 10's/8's/5's - 12/10/8 reps
Seated Lateral Raise: 10's/8's/5's - 12/10/8 reps
Seated Rear Delt Raise: 12's/10's/8's - 12/10/8 reps

Shoulders were fried, really burning after this.

Workout was 35 minutes, burned 258 calories. HR was 120/203. Yikes!

Also walked on my treadmill. Workout was 21 minutes, burned 112 calories, did 1 mile and went 2594 steps. HR was 87/118.

I had more steps in after my workout than I did all day yesterday. We got the remnants of Hurricane Gordon and it rained all weekend. Very dreary weekend and our yard is under water. Glad it's gone.

Diane Sue - Great job with your workouts and glad you had fun with your birthday celebrations. It's ok that you had a lot of food, I'm sure your body was grateful. I don't usually worry about eating a little over during the weekend because I'm usually always below during the week. Does any workout of Kelly's stand out to you for triceps finishing work? I may do one Wednesday after the STS triceps work.

Roselyn - Great job with your workouts!!

DOZ - Nice job with Press Play. That is a tough workout to do when you've been off for a bit. Wow, great job!!

Jolie - Hope you had a great weekend!!!

Today's workout was Cathe Live Step and Pump, 59 minutes, heart rate average 133 max 179, 378 calories, 3,959 steps met 5.8. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw Large Muscle Finisher, 24 minutes (22 minutes) heart rate average 95, max 118, 487 steps, met 4.0, 106 calories. Total time was 83 minutes, 484 calories.
Coffey Fit Raw Large Muscle Finisher

3 rounds of moves (round two skips the pullover and is made up at the end of the third round with alternating dumbbell rows) Everything is 12 reps Kelly uses 15# dbs and 30# Db
Rnd 1
Squats 15# dbs (I increased to 25# dbs on final round)
Lunges alternating 15# dbs
Bench press with a pump move 15# dbs
Flys w/ a turn in up 15# dbs
1 arm row 30# Db
Pullover 30# db rnds 1 and 3 (forgotten on rnd 2)
Rnd 3 adds on alternating row with 15# dbs

Step and Pump Live
Starts with 6 inch step and a step blast segment stopping at 31 minutes then goes on to weights
lower body 8 inch step
lunge kicks 10# dbs, elevated lunges, 10# dbs, cross back lunges 15# db
increase step to 10 inches for drop squats 15# db
Upper body at 41 minutes
traditional curls 15# dbs 12 reps
shoulder press goal post 12# dbs 16 reps
alternating shoulder press with a hammer curl 12# dbs
repeat
close grip bench press 15# dbs 20 reps 12 reps second rnd
triceps dips 16 reps
pullovers 15# dbs 8 reps
repeat
push ups 5 reps flip over rope climbs 10 reps repeat 5 times

Debbie, I would think that you would want the upper body finisher that is shoulders and arms. I will post it when I get to my downstairs computer where I have the moves saved in my word program. It is only about 14 minutes. I like it.

Debbie, here is the Raw upper finisher that incorporates arms and shoulders. The one I did today is a large muscle finisher. I have thought about doing both together for a total body workout.

Coffey Fit Raw Upper Finisher (3 rounds done twice each) Kelly uses 10 and 15# dumbbells 30 seconds each exercise 13:55 minutes

Round #1
Front curls 15# dbs
lateral raise 10# dbs
Dips off step
repeat

Round #2
Hammer curls 15# dbs
upright rows 15# dbs
kickbacks 10# dbs
repeat

Round #3
Supination curls alternating 15# dbs
Alternating front raise 10# dbs
Overhead triceps extensions 15# db
repeat

I am back from my partial rest week and it was great. I had my parents visiting and so much going on with my oldest son home from school. I did get some walking in, I just didn't post. Today I did Biceps and Triceps with Leg Extensions at the end. I did 3 exercises per muscle group 4 sets and the last set TF. I burned 321 calories and my workout as 50 minutes.

Standing Bicep Curls-
17's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 20 TF

Standing Hammer Curls-
17's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 15 TF

W Curls-
14's x 12, x10, x 8, x 18 TF ( Could have gone heavier )

Lying Triceps ext.-
15's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF

Lying Cross Body Ext.-
12's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 18 TF

2 Arm Kickbacks-
10's x 12, x 10, x 8, x 13 TF

Leg Ext.-
50# x 18
60# x 16, x 14, x 12, x 14 TF

Debbie, great workout today! I tell you, those dropsets are burners!!!

Diane Sue, Nice Job on the Cathe Live Step workout! I wish I could do step but I just cant seem to get the hand of it.

Have a nice day, on my way to the dentsit.

Jolie, welcome back from your rest and family time. Nice workout. I love step workouts. It has been one of my favorites from the beginning. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.