Hardcore Fitness Maniacs - Saturday 5-22

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Guilty as charged........my back has been killing me and I didn't get out of bed this morning. No workout for me. I did 3-4 sun salutations when I got up, as I have much back pain and stiffness. My legs are toast also. I'm beating myself up now, I think a little bit of cardio and yoga would have bee...n better than lying in bed for an extra hour. My bad! I work the early shift today. DH goes to work at 1:00 am. Another new shift for him. He's gonna work 1:00 am to 10:am....sucks............

RE: the TA workout. Yes, these are mainly mat based. You do some stuff in plank with your feet up on a chair, some stuff in the position like your doing triceps dips. The chair is used constantly in #3....to lift your leg over, etc. Part of the workout is standing legs - then she goes to the floor for more legs and then you do lying abs (very unique moves) and standing ab/rib isolations and unweighted arms (for which I add wrist weights). Tracy's style sure is unique and VERY contraversial......be forewarned if you ever decide to look her up over at Videofitness. There are NUMEROUS crazy threads about her! It's sort of entertaining if you're bored though! :)

Here is a sampling of her workouts - she recommends 1# anlkle weights after you can do all of the reps, and then progress to 2.5 lbs as necessary. She even suggests adding reps. See this Goop newsletter for sample tracy workouts. Pepper Potts has Gwenyth's leg workout for Ironman, Spring has Sprung has a cardio dance workout and Tracy Anderson Method has a short arm workout.

http://www.goop.com/?page=newsletter_vcn&category=do

Also - here's her website -

http://action.tracyandersonmethod.com/

there is a clip from the new dvds on the homepage, as well as a Daily candy workout for love handles. You can see her contraversial style for yourself!

Last edited:
I am dragging this morning. I don't know why I stay up late because I know I am going to wake up early anyway. I have a hair appointment today and dh and I have plans this afternoon. So I really need to push myself to do my cardio and Jillian's yoga meltdown or change rest days with tomorrow.

Lora, thanks for the links. I watched part of the 20 min video she did for Ironman. It sort of reminds me of Callanetics. I remember doing that from a book years ago. Or some of the Hatha yoga stuff I did.

Me and mom had a great day yesterday. I took her out for lunch and then we went shopping. Had to get her car e-checked so we did that and then I took her back to my house to show her our new kitchen and bathroom. She wanted to see my kitties too, so that was fun.

Today was circuit and I did Drill Max. It has 6 cycles but I only did 4 because my stupid knee was really bothering me. Tomorrow is my rest day and Monday I have to take my mom to the hospital really early for her pre-admissions tests so I think I'll skip Monday's workout as well. Hopefully by Tuesday my knee will be better. Very frustrating. It now creeks when I walk up the stairs.

HR STATS:
50 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
24 minutes in zone
14 minutes above zone
318 calories burned.

My HRM is starting to go into "touch" mode again. It does this when it gets humid out and it's very frustrating because I have no clue if it is continuing the stats on my HR or not. So I don't know what I'm going to do, I don't want to use it if it's going to keep doing that all summer again.

Lora-thanks for the links, I will check those out. :D

Diane Sue-I got up at 5 am....wth, of all days to get up early :mad:

Debbie-I bet you could estimate your calorie burns by now, I would take that thing out back and beat it w/ a bat :D I'm glad you had a nice time w/ your Mom, and I hope everything goes well for her on Monday. When is her surgery? And I'm very hopeful that in a week or so, your knee will start to feel better.

I took a rest day yesterday and today I plan on just walking the dogs, stretching, and reading. I'm stuck on those friggin' Twilight books ;) DH decided to lift weights w/ me (up until now he's been the cardio king), but w/ subtle nudging I think have him convinced of the benefits. due to work schedules, we will lift on Sun, Wed, and Fri. I am going to take it easy on him b/c he is going to be hurting. I told him he would, but I don't think he truly gets it.......I think I will save the tabata workout for a bit down the road :D

Lora - I think probably it was good for your body - and much needed - that you stayed in bed. Wish you could do that for a couple weeks (at least) to give yourself a break. You push so hard. I think I understand why you feel you can't though - need the workouts on a more mental/emotional level. Yuck to DH's schedule. Tough hours. When DS was tiny, I worked a midnight to 8 shift at a Detox Center (of all things) for about a year. It was hard. Thanks for the links! I can always count on finding stuff through you I'm sure I'd have missed otherwise. Be good to yourself, girl - you deserve (and NEED) it :D .

Roselyn - I saw your post about your daughter. Congratulations! It feels like that milestone is a long way off for my son, but I'm starting to understand what paren''s mean when they say the time goes so fast. It's really shocking how true that is - :confused:

Diane Sue - I've had those dragging, hard to get going days lately, too. Hope you have a good day, whatever you decide to do :D

Debbie - :mad: WTH? Sorry about the knee. I'd be WAY frustrated, but glad you stopped early and have decided to rest it. Finger's crossed that that's all it needs. Your day with your mom sounded fun. I'll keep her (and your knee) in my prayers.

I got in some extra cardio/kb work last night - planning to do cardio today. Maybe Amy's Kickbox Surge. It's got some jumping in it, but I'll ease off the next couple days if I choose that one. Looks like a beautiful day today. Maybe I can get some work done outside.

Have a great Saturday -

Lori

Theresa - We posted around the same time. Sounds like a good plan for today and YAY that DH is going to lift with you! What a cool thing. I'll be interested to hear how that goes (It is very kind of you to hold off on the Tabata ;) ). Have a good day.

Lori

I ran 3 miles on the treadmill 33 minutes Max HR 167 273 calories, then I did Cardio Core Circuit Express Circuit premix 34 minutes and burned 251 calories Max Hr was 160. I finished off with Jillian's Yoga Meltdown level 2 29 minutes 127 calories. Total time spent 95 minutes and calories 651. I will check back later, I really do need to get going.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.