Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Fri - Jan 8

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

I overslept again and did not get up early enough to do yoga. I did PowerAde Zero (by Exercise TV) Full Body Workout. Workout was 60" and I burned 438 calories. Max HR was 130.

This was a good workout utilizing a band, dumbbells, stability ball and med ball with some different moves. The rep range was 10...but the instructor went so quick (he only instructed with a model doing the workout) that I was just getting a grip on the exercise by the time they were done with reps. It irritated me. I would need to do this a few times to know what's coming before I could get a great workout. The good thing was that you could go heavy if you want to....with 10 reps.

I'm still really depressed and we're in the midst of a snowstorm. To make things worse - there are 2 of us at work today and it has been dead due to the snow. My Sales Quota got doubled at my last review....so I can't see myself working there much longer. I've been looking at secretarial jobs, but I've lost all confidence in myself and my ability to do a secretarial job because of my job history and track record. Sorry for the negative vent.....just depressed and venting. Thanks for listening.

Have great workouts.

Last edited:
Today was another full body workout and I had a great workout. It was 2 sets of 15 reps, 2 minute rest between each set. This is how it went:

TRICEPS
Weighted Bench Dips - 55#
***I put a barbell in my lap and then put my heels up on my weight bench and my hands are on another straight bench I have. I get great range of motion with this one. Good weight, the last 2 reps were very tough.

TRAPS
Barbell Shrugs - 75#/15 reps; 95#/15 reps
***Love this exercise. I was going to do calf raises but changed my mind.

QUADS
Leg Extensions - 75#

SHOULDERS
Lateral Raise - 10's
***Concentrated on the upward motion. Need to be careful with this exercise due to my right shoulder.

BACK
Bent-Over Raise - 15's
***This one felt good. Probably could have gone a bit heavier.

CHEST
Decline Dumbbell Flyes - 22's
***Also could have gone heavier.

Did Abs as well. I chose Body Max 2 Ab work.

Stretched and that felt good.

That is all....

I did power ninty X+ total body 46 minutes and burned 406 calories Max HR was 152, then I did Kelly Coffey's 30 minutes to fitness Bootcamp workout 2 26 minutes and burned 242 calories with Max HR of 156, I finished off with kelly's Bootcamp bonus stretch 18 minutes and then did 13 minutes with the foam roller concentrating on the left leg and hip where the tightness and pain is and my left shoulder. I did do everything but needed to work on those areas more. Total calories burned today was 777 and workout was 103 minutes.

For Kelly's I used 10# dumbbells except for the part that I used 5's for.
P90X+ went like this:
O crunch push ups-BWeight 16 reps
pull up crunch =BW 6 reps (this is a pull up with a knee raise)
dead lift curl press- 20# dumbbells 15 reps (this is a deadlift into a bicep curl and overhead press)
step kickback chaiir position 15# dumbbells 20 reps
sumo chair-BW 21 reps (this is a sumo squat jump in to a chair position)
chuck ups-28 reps total 3 sets of push ups different hand positions on a pair of stands and doing different leg positions like knee in, leg raise, leg lfit out to side)
clink on run-BW 7 reps (this is a chin up with 3 bicycle legs repeat)
lunge press bella twist-15# dumbbell 16 reps
balance curls-15# dumbbells 30 reps (this is 15 on one leg and 15 on the other)
running man-15# dumbbells 30 reps(this is a lean forward in the running man position with alternating tricep kickbacks)
Hindu pike pushups- BW 10
lunge squat lunge-20# dumbbells 30 reps 30 seconds left then right
mr moon-BW 26 reps
kid play- BW 16 reps (push up into bridge)
3 and 3- 25# dumbbells 18 reps squat, push up, pull up ( I used the door attachment and my superband and did pull downs otherwise I would not have had time to run to the other room to use the tower.
1/2 dervish- BW 10# dumbbells 20 reps
weighted warrior- 5# dumbbells 24 reps
1&1-BW 18 reps
Lara lunge crunch-15# dumbbells 20 reps
spiderman jumps-BW 16 reps
Plyo push ups- BW 16 reps

Suz and Theresa---don't take this the wrong way, I definitely don't wish you ill, but it's
kind of comforting to know I'm not the only one who gets the eye twitch thing. I've never heard anyone else complain about it before. BF actually asked me if I wanted to see a neurologist about it, and while such a comment seemed totally left-field, it still worried me a bit! I think, maybe I'm just a tense person, but dang, this commute is the worst. One week down, five more weeks teaching at this time slot. Once I shift to a morning schedule, if things go like they did last semester, my commute will only be 40ish minutes, instead of 90 (even though it's at the same school).

No workout yet today. I'm trying to get out of my habit of ridiculously late workouts, but I still don't work out as early as most of you!

Lora--honestly, I'd be depressed in any sort of job where I had a sales quota and could
lose my job or some of my hourly wage if I didn't meet it. It seems to me like you could never feel secure and comfortable in a job like that. The fact that they doubled your sales quota and in the post holiday season, no less, makes me wonder how long people in general tend to stick around there. I would definitely be looking for something more secure, if I were in your position.

Well, off to get some non-going to class work done.

Hey there maniacs! Just dropping in to wish ya all a Happy New Year!....8 days late! :p I am soooo tired! It is always tough the first week back to work after being on vacation! So glad today is Friday! :D
So I started a new training plan with Olesya! She never ceases to amaze me with her unique training plans. Check out these pull-ups:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T6m9e7MZmw When I first was watching the clip I was thinking..."yeah, right...she's crazy!" but then went to the gym and I did them!!!!!! She has me doing 4 sets of 10....first 2 sets no problem, 3rd set I did 6 then had to take a break and complete reps, 4th set I did 4, break, complete. You definitely feel this in your lats!!!! :eek: She also has me doing pistols...KILLER! It amazes me that even though I work out consistently every time she changes my routine I am so sore! Thank goodness today is a rest day and my cheat meal! :)
I am also excited that she will have me bulking about 4 more weeks than planned due to the fact that I lean out fairly quickly (and one judge said I was too lean) My first comp is May 22 followed by another 3 weeks later. Olesya said she will have me come in a bit more "full" the first comp and see what the judges say and go from there. But at least I have 4 more weeks to pack on some more muscle!

I can see you all are still hittin hard!

Lora...so sorry you are feeling depressed :( The winter blues makes it even worse! Hang in there.....it will get better!

Take care everyone!

Theresa - Just keep at it! You'll reach your goals. And you've got Sonya's trainer so you can't lose!!! Yup, surgery went great. It was on a Tuesday and I was back at work the following Monday, part time. I'm just taking it a little easier on abs for a few weeks. I'm leaving the 45# plate alone a little longer. I don't want anything to fall out. :p That whole "area" just freaks me out a bit.

Diane Sue - I owe you an e-mail response to my e-mail! I plan to get that off tonight. You know how wordy I am so it's never quick. So much to say! ;)

Hermia - You're so funny! I didn't take it the wrong way. I hope your commute gets cut down. I can't imagine that long of a commute. Reminds me of living in LA!

Sonya - I can't wait to see what you're gonna look like at your next comp! I hope Bodybuilding gets our gallery pics fixed today. Sheeesh! Sent you an e-mail. ;)

Thanks for the responses on the barbell! Have a great weekend everyone!

O just got my new Tracey Cardio Kickbox Challenge:D I will be trying this one out tomorrow. Trying to keep my eating clean. DIL called and said she was bringing the children after she picked up lunch at Chick Fil A and I declined. But my mouth was sure watering LOL I even have a meal planned for me and the grandchildren this evening from the new eat clean cookbook. I will give them the rice but I won't put mine on the rice.

Sonya, I am anxious to see how this comp goes for you. You really working hard at it. It sounds like you did good with those pistols and pull ups. I hate doing both lol. I was doing box pistols before I hurt my knee. Some of those moves get great results but they are tough.

Suz, I look forward to your e mail:D Then I can send back a wordy response:) I guess we both have a lot to say LOL

Hermia-I don't think you need a neuro consult unless you experience vision changes, changes in hearing, headaches, etc...associated w/ the eye twitch. Exces caffeine and lack of sleep are the main causes. Hope it gets better as it can be very annoying.

Suz-I could see being scared of that "area" after surgery. Best to take it slow then to have something fall out :D

Debbie & Diane Sue-nice work

Lora-this time of year is hard for me also. It's after the holidays and it's so cold you can't really go out and do anything. Do you take a vitamin D supplement? That may help. I hope a good job opportunity comes your way.

Sonya-those pullups look kinda fun...if you like pullups :) Way to go.

Yesterday was weights and steady state. I did not have the best workout as I was very achey (I guess from the cold) and my strength was not up to par.

And you've got Sonya's trainer so you can't lose!!! .
Sonya - I can't wait to see what you're gonna look like at your next comp! I hope Bodybuilding gets our gallery pics fixed today. Sheeesh! Sent you an e-mail. ;)

Olesya is awesome and I bet Theresa will get great results! Looks like the pic issue on bb.com happened to everyone....weird. I sent you an email back!

Sonya, I am anxious to see how this comp goes for you. You really working hard at it. It sounds like you did good with those pistols and pull ups. I hate doing both lol. I was doing box pistols before I hurt my knee. Some of those moves get great results but they are tough.

Thanks! I have really been hitting it hard so I hope to see major improvements! Box pistols are tough!

Sonya-those pullups look kinda fun...if you like pullups :) Way to go.

I don't know if I'd call them fun :p, but I do like them better than the traditional! Keep up the good work w/ your training and diet!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.