Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wednesday March 19

Are ya calling me moody? Pooh! :p

You are gonna look at me like WHAT? but how about only working your core once a week for 2 weeks? You might be way too used to a lot of these exercises. Have you thought about adding weights to your ab work? I'm going to take a lookie see at your machines and see if you have anything I can help you with for your core. Be right back, Scorpio Queen

Got an idea....You know your smith machine? There's a pic of you pouting like a bad girl in one of the pics with a stability ball in front of the machine...Have you thought about trying half hanging crunches? You sit on the ball with your feet under the white bar on the smith machine to keep you from falling off the ball. Go half way down until you're parallell to the floor and pull yourself up slowly. You can do twists, etc with it, too. Let me know how it goes.

Morning Maniacs - Lot of posts today!

I feel for you all in Ohio with the rain. I am in Nashville and it has been raining really hard all morning, probably be flooding by this afternoon.

I did the 4DS chest, back shoulders and abs today. I will probably feel it in the morning tomorrow.

Lora, great job. It feels good to know you are more fit now than in the past. i love those realizations.

You all have a great day and try to keep dry and safe!

Ally

Debbie, you kill me. I don't think I could even get that much weight off the floor, much less any higher. I guess I need some strech goals.

toasty - if you don't mind my asking, how many kids do you have and how long have you been working out?

You should be on the p90X infomercial!

I like the PUB core segment, I find it very challenging. I do the ball pikes and also have an ab routine using discs that is really cool by Mindy Mylrea. It is a gliding disc thing and it is quite advanced.

Take care!
Allyjavascript:smilie(':)')
javascript:smilie(':)')

Hello Chatter boxes!

I'm at work so won't be on here too long. Everyone's w/o's look great!

Lisa - I like the idea of the abs with the excersise ball, I'll have to see if I'm equipped to do something like that. My downfall is not eating right, and not getting enough water!!! YIKES!

Toasty - What up girl? You are too much. Sounds like we're having the same battle with the mid section! UGH!!!

Kath - Hi!

Debbie - Don't know if you read my post from yesterday, but I would very much like to have a copy of the rotation you're donig now, the one that is a little different from the one I'm currently doing! My husband told me that my backside is looking good. HA! So, thank you Debbie for the rotation. It's obviously working, he also has noticed a change in my arms and back, glad about that. We're our on worst critic, so hearing that come from my hubby and not asking him was pretty nice to hear.

Hi Dallys, Linda, Lora, and everyone else that follows, gotta go!

"Bionics,

Do you ever see anymore strange random people along your bike routes, like that little old lady on top of mountain looking all creepy and whatnot? hehe. When I go on my bike ride into town first, there is this guy that "took a trip and never came back"! LMAO! He scratches his head alot when he walks and walks zig zag. A few times I almost ran him over. I kept yelling.."EXCUSE ME" over and over again, but like I said...he took a trip and never came back..guess he can't hear either. LOL! Another thing cracks me up is these very oversized men on these tiny scooters and they make home-made baskets for their beer and such. Reason they are not in a car...too much drinking."

www.picturetrail.com/mighty_toasty

LOL! You must mean the drunk Chinese lady I saw stumbling down the mountain last year! So far, I haven't seen any kooks, but you mentioning the oversized men on these tiny scooters and they make home-made baskets for their beer and such is something I'll keep an eye out for! That's gotta be a sight! I did see a guy on a four-wheeler with a bandana covering his face, zooming up behind me. I felt a titch of panic, but then he just drove past me. Must have wanted to keep his face warm or the dust out or something. I've got to get some pepper spray!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Sandy - Sounds like you are doing great things with your workouts! That is so awesome! Haven't seen you at the other check in, did you give up on us already!

Linda

Sandy - I did see your post. I hope I still have your email at home. If not I'll ask for it tomorrow and then send it to you. Glad you are liking the rotation!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Turkey meatloaf; 2 tbsp. walnuts
M5: Vanilla Pro Pudding w/ 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M6: 4 oz. 95% ff beef burger; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1935 calories
54 g. fat - 25%
184 g. protein - 38%
179 g. carbs - 37%
[/font]

Hi everyone :)

Time for me to leave work for today, yeah! I am so happy, we have been extremely busy. Have a wonderful and safe evening all.

Thus far I have done pretty good, except for one itty bitty cookie, I almost made my the day without any sweets:(

Eatery:
M1: 2 Tbsp of liquid protein & 1/2 grapefruit (after workout)
M2: 2 egg white shrimp broccoli quiche w/grits
M3: whey protein w/c ff soy milk w/apple & string cheese
M4: turkey burger w/1 light wheat english muffin and cookie:(
M5: spring mix salad w/1/3 c of turkey chili (haven't ate this meal yet)

Bionics,

Your such a trip! Yeah, get yourself some mace.

Warped Lisa,

I had my pumpkin protein shake. I thought I bought the pure pumpkin in the can and got the made up kind with the sugar already in it. Gosh! Anyhoo, I didn't put as much in since it was 17g of sugar for 1/3c, but the shake was really really good.

Teddy Tall Girl,

Your eating quite well today. Like your workouts too cardio maniac!!!! I am sure since you like to do cardio so much you can get away with a sweet at times. I wouldn't worry.

Sandy,

Not really having too much a problem with my mid section. I got things under control. Basically tired of chocolate for now anyways..now I am craving CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. Your doing so well with your workouts!!!

Diane Sue,

I bet you feel good burning that many calories! That is awesome, but then again, your Diane Sue..Superwoman!!

Linda,

Great workout as well...totally beasting. Sounds like you have alot of fun doing that itread too.

Let's see if I can remember everything I read........
First....thanks for the compliments for being more fit with my morning workout.

Dallys- Yes, it's the workout with Cindy Crawford. Radu is the Trainer. It's the followup workout to her first Shape Your Body workout. It starts out with about 26" of cardio and unweighted leg work, sumo squats, kicks, jumps, variations of lunges, etc and then moves into ab work, chest work, shoulder, arm and back work followed by more abs. I just love the music and scenery. Don't care for Cindy that much....but I always like the celebrity workouts cuz it's the only way I'll ever get close to working out with a sought after personal trainer.

Lisa - I can't believe you were able to gain that much muscle.....no fat? How the heck did you manage that? Since I gained, I noticed my upper body looking slightly bigger and muscular....but I've also gained some fat in my lower abs, butt and upper legs.....my problem area.

Toasty - thanks for the well wishes at work. Those 2 by#@ches were nice today........guess they knew that meeting wtih the office manager must have been about their behavior.....or else they're just psycho, bipolar by@#ches!!

Teddygirl - what part of Ohio are you in? I'm in Youngstown. The only pic that will ever be posted is my Avatar, as I do not have a digital camera and my computer is a dial-up crap modem.

Linda - You had a great cardio workout. Way to go! I've always wanted to try Itrain but I have a crap dial-up modem and my computer is a piece of crap!

I finished up my workout but had to cut it a little shorter than anticipated. My DD went into the emergency room with some bleeding. She is Ok now. I had my grandson and the baby here. I did 4 Day Split Shoulders, then Low Intensity Step abs segment, I followed this with Low Impact Circuit abs, 2 sets of hanging leg raises off of the VKR tower, then LIC stretch. I added estra weight to the abwork. I had a great chicken mushroom Stew that I made. Changed it up a bit so carbs were 12 grams and the protein was 30. Tonight was some pork tenderloin and a salad. No breakfast. Also had some tapioca pudding made with egg whites, skim milk and splenda and some protein powder mixed in.

Charlotte, I hear you on abs seeming easy. It is hard to hit them and really feel it. Once in awhile I go for some of those million rep burning endurance ab workouts. Most of the time I am adding resistance. Yeah, I felt like superwoman beating and kneeing that heavy bag LOL

Lisa, wow on 12 miles. Years ago I did 10 at a time. Now on rare times I will do 6 or 7.

Dallys, the guy with the scarf around his face would have scared me. Get some pepper spray.

Teddy, good job on the eating:)

So many posts today I will have to go back and reread them all to respond:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.